Schoolin Life | Teen Ink

Schoolin Life

By poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana
poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana

" The Lord is my Shepherd there is nothing I shall want" Psalm 23:1

Schoolin Life
Episode 1
Scene 1
(Layla and Jacob’s home after school)

Layla
( yelling from the living room) Jacob? Jacob? Uggh your so aggravating.
Jacob
(yelling from his room) What do you want? Goodness a black person can’t sleep with your loud mouth here!
Layla
Boy it’s three o’ clock in the afternoon wake your black butt up!
Jacob
(getting up and slowly walking down the stairs) Your lucky you don’t have athletic P.E
Layla
I do too. I’m in Cheerleading, basketball, track, and volleyball.
Jacob
You can’t run!!!! So how are you doing track?
Layla
Whatever, I’m going to Chris’ house. (Walks out the door)
Jacob
Bye!!!!!
( Shayla and Chris’ House )
Shayla
Chris, what you doing today?
Chris
(playing with his phone) Talking to Layla and brining her eat out.
Shayla
When you gone tell her?
Chris
Tell her what?
Shayla
Tell her about McKenzie being pregnant for you?
Chris
Shayla, I will tell her about that but just not now. Im not ready to say it because I don’t want to hurt her. And plus I don’t even know if that baby is for me anyway. You know how McKenzie was and plus she just might be faking it.
Shayla
Hurt her? If you don’t tell her now you will crush her later. And you know how Layla gets. Plus how you don’t know if the baby is for you or not? McKenzie wasn’t That bad.
Chris
(putting his phone down and looking at Shayla) I know I know, its just that Im in love with Layla and I would hate to her.
Layla
(CALLING SHAYLA ) Shay come open the door.
Shayla
(looks at Chris) Either you tell her or I will. (opens the door) heyy gurl ( hugs Layla)
Chris
Hey baby (hugging her tight and kissing her cheek) I missed you. Are you almost ready to g?
Layla
Go where? Chris where are we going?
Chris
We are going eat out today.
Layla
But I thought you we were just gonna stay home and relax today. You Know watch movies and stuff and I could cook.
Chris
( hold Layla’s hands and sits her down) Layla I have to tell you something.
Layla
( Looks at him with concern. And half tears in her eyes) What?
Shayla
( Gives Chris a pair of eyes to show that he should tell her now)
Chris
(Knods his head) Layla Im in love with you.
Layla
(Breathes out with relief) Oh I thought you were going to break up with me or something. I was getting worried.
Shayla
( murmuring to herself ) No he wasn’t gonna break up with you, but you probably will when you find out what he did.
Layla
(Looks at Shayla ) Shay did you something?
Shayla
Nah Im good . I didn’t say anything. But you know that’s not all that Chris had to tell you.
Chris
( Looks at her with death eyes and smile) Shayla will you go in the kitchen and get me a soda please, and just stay there for a while.
Shayla
Whatever big head (Walks to the kitchen)
Layla
Chris what did she mean by tha---
( Chris’ phone start to ring and the name popping up was McKenzie)\
Chris
(Picks up the phone and sees the name and goes into the other room )Hold on baby I will be right back.
Layla
(gets up and goes into the kitchen by Shayla) Shay what’s going on. Chris has been acting like that since yesterday.
Shayla
Oh he’s just having a bad day.
Layla
Bad day my butt (Walks to Chris). Hey Chris I’m leaving just text me later.
Chris
(Nods his head with approval) okay baby I love you.
Layla
( Walks out the house quietly while the conversations are still going on than stop and hear Chris say)
Chris
“ But that child is not mines! How do you know?”
Layla
( Looks with anger and confusion and walk out the door )

This piece may start off as a regular story/ play, but it's not its about two couples over come obstacles on love. In this story they deal with the prejudices of being gay, the cheating, the fighting, and trying to figure out about true love. Who knew that a simple little child could ruin a friendship. Or that being gay could hurt someone that you love, then to find out that the gay ones are actually the ones that have a child or that they are happily married. That's what happened to two best friends in this story, they allowed themselves to be gay but that didn't ruin a friend ship until all secrets were revealed.