Happily Ever After | Teen Ink

Happily Ever After

By LilyAnn367 SILVER, Ransom, Illinois
LilyAnn367 SILVER, Ransom, Illinois
8 articles 1 photo 1 comment

I Believe everyone has a destiny. I believe everyone has a soul mate out there. It's just the matter of finding them. Some people go through their whole life without finding them. And others find them in a matter of years...

Dear Diary,

Yesterday, I got in big trouble for something, I didn't even know I did. I was sitting in my room, when Helga, (my father’s wife) walks in and yells, “Juno! What’s wrong with you! Why, would you do such a thing?” My heart skipped a beat, as I just sat there, staring at this woman that pretends to be my mother, so her income involves social security. I absolutely, disliked this woman; she married my dad for his money, not for love. You see, my dad's a lawyer so he brings in a lot; we're not hurting, rather sitting pretty. Anyway, she was like a wild boar, with bad breath, and too much make up. The only thing she has going for her doesn’t consist of her attitude. I had no idea what to say, because every time I do my mouth gets me in deeper. Instead, I sat there mouth closed, listening to what she had to say. As she goes on... “Why don't you flaunt your little happy butt down stairs, and apologize!" she screamed, spit flying out of her mouth. I was shocked, showered, and confused. “Apologize to whom? I didn't do anything." I asked. “Oh, you know good and well, what you did! Now go down stairs and apologize to your brother!” she yelled. “For what?" I yelled a little too loud, uh oh. “WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" cried my sister, Annabel. She’s a year old, and her room is right next to mine, ugh. “Now, look what you did! I'll deal with you later.” She yelled, slamming the door behind her, stomping away to go take care of my sister. In my family I’m the oldest, next comes my annoying brother Brayden, after him, our sister Melissa, and then our brother Collin, and lastly, Annabel. I’m, seventeen, soon to be eighteen, my brother Brayden 10, Melissa 8, Collin 6, and finally Annabel which just turned one. When I was ten, our mother left, she went off with some guy who promised to make her dreams come true. Not that I blame her honestly, I wouldn't want to stay with my father either back then, he wasn’t anything special. I still don't understand why she left us kids. After she left, I stopped believing in happy endings, or fairytales. I decided that there was no such thing as a happy ending, especially when it came to marriage. I swore to myself, I would never get married, because all it came to was a sorrow. When I was six, I had started ballet lessons. I used to love to be on stage, twirling my stuff. As soon as my mother left, I developed stage fright, which I had never experienced before. As a result to my stage fright, I quit ballet never to twirl again. But that was seven years ago, and this is now. Technically, Annabel is Helga’s child but I don't treat her any different, because it’s not her fault she was born from a wild pig. Normally, our house is nuts, like a fun-house gone wrong. We have a big house, perfect size for parties, but I don't dare bring home any friends, at all. Instead, I hang at their house, because honestly it's just safer that way. My brother Brayden finds it funny to go through my stuff, wreck my stuff, and sometimes burn my stuff. I swear, if Helga and dad weren't home I would ring his neck, maybe worse...

Chapter 1 Juno Agreement

My name's Juno, I live in a world full of siblings, loads of homework, tons of chores, lots of trouble, and no life. I'm a work-alcoholic with a free time span, of none. I'm a good student, but don't ask me how, I'm a serious math geek, and I REALLY, need a break. I have a part time job at the mall after school; I get home about 8pm. When I get home from work, my routine is to: Get blamed, for something my brother did, about 1,000 chores, clean up after my siblings, feed Annabel (my father's wife’s job), cook supper, try to eat supper, tuck Annabel in, clean the kitchen, do the dishes, dust the mantel, at least two hours of my homework, and finally try to get some sleep, emphasize on the try. I usually, get to bed around 3:00 o’ clock in the morning, then try to get up at six, and get my siblings up, and ready. Alongside of that, get myself ready, then get my siblings on the bus, and I myself try not to miss the bus. My bus comes at 7: 15 so if I get up at 6, get my three siblings ready, I usually have time to brush my hair, maybe if I’m lucky brush my teeth.. Of course, when my father gets home, he does nothing but watches TV, drinks a six pack of soda, and eats a bag of potato chips. (Which afterward I have to clean up.) My father isn't necessarily on my good list either.
After my mother left, he got a life, and we were close. He'd always make time for me, but that closeness we had is far gone. He barely ever talks to me, and I gave up on him. I guess that’s how some people are when they really don't care about you. I'm not saying that he doesn't love me, but he certainly doesn't show it. In his eyes, I’m the screw-up but in mine, I think he needs to buy a mirror and look in it sometimes. After my father gets home, his wife gets home. Helga’s routine is to eat, then demand and push me around. Then, she gets in her silky PJ’s, put her hair in curlers and goes to bed to get ( what she says " her beauty sleep" )lucky her. I hate when she gets home, she never helps me when I’m taking care of her child, and she refuses to take care of the rest of my siblings because she says they don't belong to her. Well, if you married the father of the children, you’re supposed to at least try to become the mother or at least offer a helping hand once in a while. Right? After she goes to bed, my father follows about an hour later. I am unfortunately the last to be up in the house, and the first to be awake. At school it's hard to keep up with the teachers assignments, I can barely do it. So I plan to get organized, and keep up all my responsibilities at least I try. My best friends name is Fran. Fran and I don't hang out a lot after school because I’m always so busy. But Fran does occasionally; stop by the mall to visit with me.
Fortunately, I do have a boyfriend and there is no doubt in my mind that he loves me. His name is Josh. Josh stands out, he's not one to hold back, but I can tell he doesn't enjoy not seeing me often besides school. We first met in the hallway, on the second day of high school. The way we met was almost like from a movie. I dropped my books, and my hero came to the rescue. Josh was the nice boy that helped me gather my things. Our hands met on top of my Algebra book, and I nervously giggled, and he smiled. Our eyes met that moment, and I’ll never forget the feeling I got, like an electric shock ran from my head to my toes. I hate that I can't see him after school but I need my income, because I have the responsibility of buying Annabel's diapers, and clothes. I should be considered her mother. Helga and my father, depend on me for everything, without me, they wouldn't know which way to turn. I do the cooking, take care of the kids, and clean. If it wasn't for me this house would be insane, like an unleashed zoo. I always get nagged about not doing enough, while they sit on their butt and do absolutely nothing at all. You’d think, I would be praised for how much I do. I don't see them doing anything. That's why I have my mind set, I, Juno Christina Matthew; refuse to buy Annabel's diapers, and clothes. I will not take care of my siblings, I will only do the simple chores, I am supposed to do. From here on, I going on strike. I will keep the money I make for myself, and I will not play the mother figure. I will make time, for my friends, and teenage life.

Chapter 2 Lies, feel... Great!

Day 1 of plan...

So, this morning I got myself up, ate breakfast, went to the bathroom, took a shower, blow dried my hair, slapped makeup on, went to my room, and actually looked through my closet to find what I was going to wear. It felt great, to actually, sit down and decide what I was going to wear for once. Besides grabbing the first thing my hand touched. I settled on my blue, faded jeans, a black t-shirt with a faded, pink, star on it, a black hoodie, and finally my black, converses. I came out of my room, backpack slung on my shoulder, and yelled bye to my dad as I walked out the door to my bus. On the bus, I sat next to Josh. I actually had time to sit down and talk to friends instead of rushing to see if I had all of my homework done, it felt nice. When we arrived at school, I felt confident to continue with my luck. I was standing at my locker trying to get my books out, when Bobby Manor, a kid in Senior, walked up to me and asked me out. Bobby Manor was totally cute, he was a half back, on the football team, and he was very athletic and strong. Matter fact he was wearing his jersey. I was astonished, and flattered I really was, because out of all the girls out of this school he could have, he picked me. My luck just gets better and better. But I thought about Josh, I loved Josh and nobody could take that away from me so I had to turn him down.
After English, I walked down the long, crowded hallway to my locker. Some of my friends including Fran, started following me around. Did I actually have girls? Was I actually becoming popular? Behind me they talked of a party, they said Allen Right was hosting it at his place. They also mentioned he had a huge house, three stories high including the attic. From what I knew about Allen Right, he was a rich boy, hosted parties all the time, some you had to get tickets or a VIP to get in. I always heard rumors about how crazy his parties were, and I'd like to go to one. The new me, especially wanted to go to one with Josh. I was curious, so I asked when the party was, it sounded fun so maybe I would attend. “The party is this afternoon, it's going to rock. Juno, you should come,” replied Paige. Paige was very fun to hang out with. She was tall, with blonde hair, and very pretty. Did I mention she was a cheerleader? “Oh sorry, I can't guy's I gotta work today.” I replied, thinking about what my dad and Helga would think. “Awe come on Juno, can't you get out of just one night.” The complaints rang out from behind me. “Well, I guess I could I mean I could always call in sick.” I added. “Yeah, yeah” they all replied. Suddenly, the bell rang departing us from our conversation. With friendly goodbyes, we turned and walked away from each other. At lunch, you can choose to leave with your friends or stay on campus to eat their food. Michelle, Josh, Fran, Paige, and I go out every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. It just so happens to be one of those days. Everyone hopped into Josh's car and we all drove to Slappy's Burger Joint. At Slappy's we all ordered, then took a booth by the window, Josh and I on one side of the booth, and the girls on the other. About five minutes later our food came. “So Juno, are you going to you know, call in sick.” Paige asked, wiping her mouth with a napkin. Uh, oh, I had totally forgotten. “Where would I stay after the party? I mean, my parents wouldn't let me go to a party. I’d have to tell them I was staying the night somewhere.” I stated. “You can stay with me; my parents aren't home for the next few days.” Josh volunteered. I stared at him with my eyebrows raised. “Are you kidding, come on Josh, if my parents wouldn't let me go to a party, there is no way they're going to let me stay with you.” I said. “What's wrong with me?” asked Josh, sounding confused. “Oh please, come on, duh, your gender, I’m a girl, you’re a guy, nuff said.” I said. “Oh, “he said. “Well, you could stay with me, besides we hadn't hung out in a long time. And I know how to bake brownies now.” Fran volunteered, with a smile. “Okay, good, so I can stay at your house, we've got one thing figure out. But I am not going looking like this, and I don't know what to tell my boss.” I answered. “Just tell her you’re sick, and then I don't know, fake a cough.” Michelle said. “Juno, I have stuff for you to wear, we've been the same size since 7th grade.” said Fran. “Ok, then, ummm... I think I'm ready then, here I go.” I said, taking my phone out of my back pocket. I flipped open my phone, and started to dial the number. But my hand stopped when I reached the sixth digit. “What if she doesn't buy it, what if she fires me over the phone?” I asked panicked. “Don’t worry, she'll buy it and if she doesn't you won't be fired.” Paige reassured me. “Yeah, and if she fires you over something as stupid as missing one day. Then, clearly she's not worth working for, and besides it’s your first time. You never skipped work before.” Josh stated.
Listening to my friends, I continued to dial the number and forced myself to hit speaker, it began to ring. Suddenly, I had a lump stuck in my throat. So I grabbed my Pepsi and drank, while listening for her voice. “Hello,” she said. With my eyes wide with fear, I replied, “Hello, its Juno” I said, in the worst possible voice I could make. “Oh, hello Juno. Why are you calling me so early, you sound horrible." I was starting to get the hang of this, smiling but keeping my fake, raspy voice, I said. “Actually, that's what I called to talk about, I can't come to work today, I'm sick.” “Well that’s okay sweetie. Alright? You get lots of rest, and feel better soon. Okay bah bye now.” She replied “Bye,” I answered. Then beep, the line went silent.
“I did it, she believed me, Omigosh!” I said, everyone staring at me. “Yay, she did it” teasing, they cheered. Suddenly, I felt a rush of excitement, I felt bad that I had lied, but this feeling was so great, all I could do was rejoice. The feeling ran from the top of my head, to the tips of my toes. I felt like dancing until, Paige said. “You have one more phone call to make... your parents.” Uh, oh could I lie to my dad? I could lie to Helga, but to my dad... Could Juno do it?

Chapter 3 Party!

After school, Juno rode with Fran home. We were excited to finally have girl time and we were excited for the party too. Before school, Josh kissed me goodbye and told me he would see me at the party. But when I looked into his eyes, I could tell he was looking forward to seeing me again, or was it something else? He seemed anxious, as if he had something planned. But as soon as I got in Fran's Porsche, everything slipped from my mind as soon as it came. All I could think about was the flashing lights, the pounding music, the crowed areas, and the rush of the scene, of the party. Next thing I knew, we arrived at Fran’s house. She cut the engine, threw her seat belt off, and slammed the door. “Come on,” she yelled, as she ran up her steps to her house. I flung my book bag over my shoulder and followed her in a rush struggling to keep up. I'd always admired Fran's house, it was beautifully set up, the color tones matching up to create a perfect color scheme. She took my hand and we rushed up the stairs to her room. Fran had a huge room, she had a walk in closet, her own personal bathroom built off the wall to her room. In her bathroom were a claw foot tub, and a walk in shower. The thing I like about it though, is because she worked for it, she, herself raised the money to buy the bathroom, and the walk in closet. She didn't have it just handed to her. It took her a total of 4 years to raise the money. Now, she took my book bag only to set it on her bed, and then asked “What do you want to wear? The walk in closet is on the right, go ahead and take a look. I'll be in the bathroom taking a shower.” “Okay,” I replied. I walked in the closet, and searched for something to wear. I finally had in mind what I wanted, when Fran walked out of the bathroom. Her hair was blow dried, and combed down. “You find something yet?” she asked looking at me. “Yeah, I like this top and these jeans.” I said, holding up the silver striped sequence top. It was the kind that hangs over your shoulder. I wear tank tops under them, and it just so happened, I have a purple tank under my shirt, that would totally go cute with it. “Go ahead, you can keep them. I just got that exact same top at the store not knowing I had it and the jeans, well I barely ever wear them and while you’re at it take that thin black belt, it goes around the top. “Fran said. “Thanks, I’m going to go change ok,” I said. “Go right ahead.” she replied, walking in her closet. I headed to the bathroom. In the bathroom, I changed only and leaving on my purple tank, the jeans, and the silver sequence top. Then, I fastened the thin black belt around the bottom half of the top, stuck my phone in the back pocket of my jeans, combed my hair to the side, and went back out to show Fran. By the time I got out, Fran was ready and set, and so was I. “You look Beautiful,” said Fran “Thanks,” I replied. Then, we shuffled down the stairs, out the door, and got in the Porsche. We fastened our seat belts, and we were off to the party.

Chapter 4 … OMG... will you what? Surprise?...

Fran and I arrived around 30 minutes later. I was standing in a room about six times bigger than normal, lights of all colors flashing, music booming, and black lights mounted on the walls. We were here finally here. The room was painted white with gold trimming. You could clearly tell whoever decorated this room had money and used it. To the far left of me were two glass doors that led to the oversized balcony. Sitting on the balcony was a Baby Grand piano. I was lost in thought, thinking about how beautiful the house was when, Fran asked. “I’m going to head to the bathroom, are you okay on your own?" “Yeah, I’m just gonna go find Josh, see ya" I replied. Fran scurried off to my right, and heading up black metal stairs. I looked around, and headed in the family room. It was lined with purple walls, and white trim. In the middle of the room sat a white couch, On it was a sprawled out cheetah printed blanket. I bent over to touch it when I finally noticed, there was something missing from the scene. Nobody was roaming the house. I left the room to look for my friends and when I reached the living room I heard someone call my name. "Juno, up here Juno!" I turned around to see who it was, when I saw Paige hanging over the edge of the stairs, waving her arms at me. "Come on, we're all waiting for you!" she said as she disappeared around the corner. Hurrying to catch up to her, I quickly stomped up the stairs, anxious to see Josh, and my friends. When, I finally got up the stairs I rounded a corner, only to stop at the only door down the hall. Excitedly, I opened up the wide framed door. Inside was dark, so dark, I almost couldn't see. "Hello?" I called out struggling to walk in the pitch black. Then suddenly, a white beam shined down on what seemed like a stage.
Soon enough, Josh stepped out into the spotlight. He was smiling, his eyes anxious, as though they were waiting patiently. Josh’s posture relaxed as he saw my face, comfortable almost casual. In his hand, was a small black box "Juno Christina Matthews, I been meaning to say this for long time. I love you." he said pausing dramatically. "You are the one, you’re my one, and I’ve never loved anyone like this before, so I’m asking you..." Josh said, calmly kneeling to the floor on one knee, he opened the box, and inside was a diamond ring. "Will you, Juno... Marry me?" he smiled happily waiting for my answer, holding out the ring. "I... I...I." I choked. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe as I watched in horror, Josh winked then, everything went black.....

Chapter 5... Confused, and fighting against myself

I woke up in an ambulance, the vehicle wasn't moving, but I still felt lightheaded. I finally realized someone was holding my hand. I looked to my right when I saw Josh bent over cursing himself. "What? Josh... What happened?" I asked confused, it all seemed hazy. "Oh, nothing... I just tried to propose to you, and you fainted” Josh said. "Sorry," I said looking to him, searching for some kind of question in his eyes. “She’s awake, is she fine to get up?" asked the paramedic, stepping in to the back. "Yes, I’m fine, much better, may I go?" I asked. "Yeah get outta here kid. Your fine, nothing wrong with you," he said disappearing around the corner. I got up, stretched, and walked over to my friends hand in hand with Josh. "Are you okay?" many asked. "Yeah I’m fine, good actually so, when does the party start?” I replied "Whenever you'd like" Allen Right said, stepping out from the crowd. The rest of the night we partied. Then, I went home with Fran and slept until ten in the next morning. When I woke up, I felt groggy almost lightheaded, my stomach was doing flip flops as I took in what happened the night before. I thought of how Josh proposed, and how I passed out. Embarrassing, all of it just, embarrassing. I thought about Josh while I waited for Fran to wake. I loved Josh, but fought myself at the thought of marrying, so young. After my mother left, I had made a pact with myself. Was I ready to break the pact? Second of all, I was only seventeen, third of all, well, I sort of never thought of myself as the marrying type. Also, I certainly never fanaticized about having children. I knew what it was like to take care of children, and in my opinion, it wasn't a daisy. But then I asked myself. What would it be like to marry Josh? How would I cope? How would I eat? I don't know how to cook, where to begin? I also knew that Josh left the party unanswered, and I knew I’d have to face him soon. I also felt as though, I wouldn't know how to refuse him, or accept him. I had some serious soul searching to do, and I didn't realize how to start.

Chapter 6... Found myself, truly understanding

After Fran dropped me off, I was out of the house as fast as I could be. I could already feel the tension building up, as I passed Helga in the hall. She was nagging already at 10 o'clock in the morning, something about not being pretty enough for my father. I scurried along minding my own business, praying I wouldn't be caught in the middle. I was dressed in rhinestone jeans, a black tee, and my usual converses. I grabbed my bag and car keys off the counter, and threw my bag across my shoulder. I didn't know where I was headed, but far, far from there. I practically ran down the front porch stairs to get to my car. Once I reached my car door handle, my father's wife called after me. She probably wanted me to come back inside, and do a million things before I left. I acted like I didn't hear her, yanked my car door open and flopped on the seat as I locked the doors. Finally I was safe, from the world of disasters. I fired the engine, started to put my car in reverse and stopped, when I saw something horrifying. Helga was running out of the house, screaming my name. Next thing I knew she was pounding on my car door, her face filled with rage. Ignoring her, I put my car in reverse and backed out of the driveway, stepping on the gas, enough to where my tires squealed. After I thought I was far enough from home. I pulled over to collect my thoughts, and find out where I was heading. I calmed myself, taking deep breathes to decrease my anger. I finally settled on where I was going, the mall. I figured I had about one-hundred and fifty bucks in my wallet, and I needed a new pair of sneakers, and maybe a couple t-shirts. I arrived at my destination about twenty minutes later, my first stop was BB's and fashion, then maybe Claire’s, and finally Bath and Body Works. I headed on my way, passing the long, glass windows, going store to store to find BB's and fashion. Once I got in BB's, I looked for some cool t-shirt that maybe could be casual, but not too casual. On my way to the t-shirt rack, my feet suddenly stopped, backed up a few feet and then my head rotated right. It felt like an instinct, I didn't realize what I was doing before it happened. Instead of walking to the t-shirt rack, I headed straight across, and found myself roaming in the Bridal section. I scanned through the dresses, thinking about Josh, and how our love grew on each other. I thought about the first time we had met, and how our eyes met each other across the hallway. I stopped looking through dresses when my hand landed on this one. It was formal, and simple. It had a heart shape top, lace wrapped around the middle, flowing down all the way to the end of the train. At the bottom of the train, was a simple design etched in black. I thought of how perfectly, this represented Josh's and my love. The heart shaped top represents when we fell in love, and the lace growing down the train, like our loved had grown. Suddenly, I knew what I had to do. I knew when I had to do it, and everything instantly made sense.

Chapter 7 Perfectly, sane.

I couldn't wait; I counted off the days on my calendar, crossing out each day as it passes. Prom was held in May, perfect way to start the summer.
I had picked out the perfect dress that stops at my knees. It was red, with black lace, covering my middle, and my waist. The days flew by one after another, and soon I was only two days away from Prom. I was so excited, I almost couldn't sit still. I talked to my friends, and arranged my plans, to make sure everything was absolutely perfect. After all, Prom is one of the best nights of a girl’s life; it was, literally, for me. On the night of the Prom, I hurried to get my hair done. I curled it, and then did it up making sure that every little hair was perfect. Around my ears, some curled hair was down, and it gave it an "I'm cute" look. Josh was coming to pick me up around seven, and a little before six-fifty-five, I was finally ready, purse in hand and ready to go. Josh came to the door in a tuxedo, and a bouquet in hand. "You look beautiful," he said, looking me up and down, taking it all in. "Thanks, and you look handsome yourself" I said. After our complements, Josh took my hand and led me to his car, politely opening the door for me. I sat down, buckled up, and waited for Josh. He sat down, kissed me on the cheek, and pulled out of the driveway. The whole way there, I kept smiling to myself, nervously giggling. When we arrived, we walked up hand and hand and waiting for our friends. In the gym, the room was dark, on the ceiling the disco ball gleaming, and lights were mounted everywhere, all colors of the rainbow. The music was nice, some were slow, and others were fast, almost booming with delight. I excused myself to the bathroom, and looked at the time it was about 9:30, and I began to panic, as I realized I was scheduled for 10:00. Thirty short minutes until all attention was on me, all eyes on me, panic started in my throat, and my stomach began to feel queasy. I couldn't go out looking like this; quickly I splashed cold water on my face, and gathered myself. I headed back toward Josh. We danced together for about ten minutes, then went to the refreshment table, got something to drink and sat down. I asked Josh for the time, and he said it was 9:58. Quickly, I came up with an excuse, and excused myself. I knew where I had to meet my friends to pull this off, and I started to feel stage fright. When I got behind the stage, my friends, Fran, Paige, and Michelle where busy getting the microphone hooked up, running tests to see if it worked. I asked Fred (the light control guy), about the spotlight, and he said all he had to do was hit the start button. I knew we were ready to go, and I knew it was time. Our host got up on stage above me and announced.

"We have a special announcement tonight, give a round of applause to Juno!" everyone clapped. Quickly, I scurried to my spot and came up through the floor, onto the stage... (Freeze. Let me explain, the stage is a special prop, and has a box that comes through the floor. If you've ever been to a concert, the singer comes up through the floor; it’s the same kind of stage. Back to the story...)

The room was still pitch black, then in the control center, Fred hit the button to activate the spotlight, it was aimed right on me. I cleared my throat and began. “To everyone who knows me, they know i am madly in love with Josh Harrin. Well, a couple of weeks ago, Josh proposed at Allen R's party, and he left the party unanswered. I would like to apologize for that, I don’t think anyone, and I mean anyone, should leave with a question that strong unanswered. So, I’d like to end the wait and answer your question. Josh, are you out there?" Another spotlight beamed down, and scans the crowd looking for Josh, when it finds him it stops. "Josh Carson Harrin, I’d like you to know I love you with all my heart, and no one could replace you, and.... will you, marry me?" I looked to his face, and we met each other’s eyes. Everyone turned around to look at Josh, straining to hear his answer. The question rings in the air, silence for a couple beats. Then, Josh broke the silence. "Yes..." That did it; the crowd went wild, cheers wrung all around, and lots of people screamed with delight. Soon enough, Josh was picked up by tons of hands, the crowd carefully lifting him up; passing him around. The crowd moved him toward the stage. When he was close to the stage, the crowd practically threw him towards me. He landed on his feet, with a loud thump. Then he made his way towards me, wrapping his arms around me. Behind him the crowd went silent, then someone yelled "KISS, KISS, KISS!!" We locked eyes, and then kissed. The crowd cheered more, screaming with happiness, some couples even kissed themselves, but soon I didn't notice...
Suddenly, everything was clear, thoughts, and worries erased from my mind. Gravity was no longer holding me to Earth. The Earth slowly fell away from under my feet. All noise around us disappeared; we were alone, hovering in the space. The only thing that was keeping me grounded was...Josh. But, I guess that's what it feels like when you’re in love...

Afterwards.

Josh and I got married on August 19th 2008. We got married a year later after we got engaged. My dress, was the exact same dress I found in the bridal section, in BB's and fashion that day. Today, on September 12th 2021, we have three beautiful children, Mary, Jason, and Chelsea. After we got engaged, Josh and I raised the money to buy a home together, and I was glad to get away from home. My siblings are fine, they grew a lot and they say they miss me too. I never thought that would come out of their mouths. Josh and I still keep in touch with all of our high school friends, and occasionally go out. Besides all of that nothing has changed, Josh and I and still madly in love, and there are no doubts. As for Helga, she lived with my dad up until she forgot to pay a speeding ticket, and was thrown in the slammer. I guess she’s out of my hair for a long, long while. I’m also proud to announce, that I’m pregnant again, but this is the last child we are having no more than four. I have come over my blindness about being a wife and mother. I realize now, I should have spent more time fanaticizing about making my own family. I wouldn't take it back, what I did at the Prom, and I have no regrets. I'm ready to continue with my future, with Josh and my four little babies’s walking by my side. I didn't believe in fairytales up until, I found myself living in one, when I married Josh. I never thought I could say this but, I lived Happily Ever After...

Feel Free to write comments