Please Kiss me, no don't. | Teen Ink

Please Kiss me, no don't.

By Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona
Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

He was so close, so very close, just a few more inches and we could touch. As I slide my hand closer to his, I quickly pull it back. No! I can’t like him, I can’t be in love with him, my best friend is. And I would never let a boy come between us, never! He turns his head and looks at me, interrupting my thoughts, and says, “I love you.” We look in each other’s eyes, he takes my hand, moves next to me, and kisses me. I don’t ever want the kiss to stop, it feels so right. I push him away, get off the couch, turn to him and say, “I’m sorry.” He looks at me with a sorrowful smile and says, “I thought you loved me, I thought we felt the same way, Jessie.” I do love you, but my best friend loves you too, so according to the bff rules, I can’t. If only I could say that. “I’m sorry, I don’t love you.” ‘I don’t love you’ ‘I don’t love you’ the phrase kept ringing through my head as a cried. I got up quickly and started to put on my best clothes and makeup, I was going to go tell him the truth, even if Macie was my best friend, he was my soul mate, he had the right to know. I ran out the door, it was raining, but I didn’t care. I ran up the stairs to his apartment and saw the light on, I looked in the window. “No.” I heard myself say. Tears began to stream down my face, he was kissing another girl, wait no, it was Macie! I ran down the stairs and kept running. I didn’t even realize I was in the street. Two big lights were coming closer. I heard myself scream.

on Apr. 16 2013 at 9:56 am
Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

Thank You so much! It means alot to me that you liked it!

InspireWriter SILVER, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

I have a lot to say. I'm just a teen girl, trying to tell a story in the only way I know how.

I admire how you managed to make the story meaningful and powerful, while it still being short. Indescribebale!

Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

Thank You so much for commenting, it means alot!

on Apr. 14 2013 at 1:56 am
Creative_Queen BRONZE, Shelton, Washington
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I really like this. The only thing that I think should be a little different is that I would like more of a back story about the best friend etc.