Hopeless Romantic | Teen Ink

Hopeless Romantic

January 5, 2013
By Cynthiacinnamon PLATINUM, Oakville, Other
Cynthiacinnamon PLATINUM, Oakville, Other
47 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The day I turned six, I snuggled beneath the downy velvet, the one ablaze with tiny diamonds,the gorgeous starry night sky. Inside my tent of my backyard with a lit torch in my hand, I flip through the pages of my novel- A realistic love story.

“Under the blanket of constellations, two loving teenagers stroll down Memory Lane, the girl holding onto the boy’s hand desperately.Their pace slowed down gradually, coming to a halt. They sit on the pavement to marvel at the night sky. Her head lies nonchalantly on the acute curve of his shoulder blade; her hand clutching his talons.
They point and admire the stars, the stars are like hope reflecting in their pupils, shining brightly.
The moment was wonderful. The boy kisses the girl on the lips, pulls away and says, “ I don’t think this is going to work out..”
Selina gnawed on her half-hearted smile. Blood spews from the healing wound almost instantly, her tongue mopped at savoury crimson. Hm, salty tafty. Heavenly delicious. The stinging pain she keeps her anger at bay; the stinging pain that she’s been hiding from the stars.
“ You’re too...attached to me. I’m incapable of returning the same kind of love.” Was Finn’s explanation. “Let go, you’re hurting my hand.” He added.
Selina’s lowered her gaze, the stars leaving her eyes, she asks, still clinging on to Finn, “Why don’t people like me for who I am? Why do people take advantage of me? ”
Finn wrenched his talons away, scarring Selina’s skin, leaving it raw and exposed. He spreads his wings, and flies away swiftly to join the stars.”

Uncontrollably, I start sobbing. Selina gaze upwards at the reader, from where she ‘s standing, the downpour look like confetti stars pouring from the girl’s eyes, Selina thought. The pending pages of the novel caught the tears, absorbing them quickly.
A new line appeared on the page.
Selina is speaking to me, “Dear reader, please romanticize the reality of romance.”
I’ve been exploring the world for a better romance story ever since.