Whispers in the Dark | Teen Ink

Whispers in the Dark

December 19, 2012
By TryingToLive PLATINUM, Austintown, Ohio
TryingToLive PLATINUM, Austintown, Ohio
26 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And I think of all the thousands of billions of steps and missteps and chances and coincidences that have brought me here and it feels like the biggest miracle in the world."


"Why do you love me?"

The question slips between his lips and creeps across the bed covers towards me. I roll over and open my eyes to him. He's staring intently at my face in the way that makes me squirm and sends tingles to my belly. This time is different though. I smile and touch his cheek. Moving into my hand, his eyes close with a sigh.

"I love you because you are you. You make me laugh harder than anyone I've ever known. Sometimes you make me so irritated, I want to throw something across the room. You are the stubbornest person I've ever met."

He opens his mouth to argue and I ssh him.

"Let me finish. You're sweet and kind. You care about me and my happiness. You're protective without even knowing it. You subconsciously walk on the outer side, make me go first and tighten your arms around me when I get scared. You pretend things don't effect you, but I know that really you're secretly sensitive. You're smart and caring and thoughtful."

He moves his hands to my waist and moves me closer.

"You devote yourself 100% to what you're involved in at the moment. You're passionate about what you love and what you believe in.You don't let people influence you; you stay strong in what you think. You're so gentle with me in everything you do. You're careful to never do anything that may harm me in any way. You're romantic and tender."

His lips connect with my forehead and his heads envelope my face.

"You're so talented. You can cook and sing and I love listening to you play guitar. You play the music in a way that makes me close my eyes and drift away to another place. You're so understanding, when I'm mad for no reason, and when I'm on my period. I love cuddling with you. You're so soft and the way you touch me sets me on fire. Your charm is fantastic. That's how you got me in the first place."

His laughter breaks through my concentration and I realize that the length of our bodies are touching, his hands somehow moved to my rib cage. I wrap my arms around his neck and bring my face closer until our foreheads are touching.

"You give me a quiet mind. When the problems of my life take over and my head is spinning, you help me. When my mind is a black hole or it's completely empty, you pull me out. When I'm on the edge of oblivion, ready to fall, you bring me back. You save me everyday.
You're unique, special, wonderful, amazing, adorable, fantastic, marvelous and incredible. And that is why I love you."

And then he pulls me on top of him and I show him how much I love him.