There Were Three of Them | Teen Ink

There Were Three of Them

By brittafischer PLATINUM, Dulles, Virginia
brittafischer PLATINUM, Dulles, Virginia

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em"

There were three of them. Three names. One girl, and she loved all three of them.
The first name was Caleb, and she loved him as her best friend. He was kind, caring, and loyal. He was Monday morning lattes and Tuesday afternoon runs. He was Saturday movie marathons and Sunday morning breakfast. Caleb was the shoulder to cry on, and the best person to hug. He was the ticking of the clock while she waited on Monday morning and the Katy Perry she played when she jogged. He was the Jack to her Rose and the butter in the pan that fried up her easy over eggs. He was all of her favorite things.
The second was Brody, and she loved him as her soul mate. He was handsome, sweet and gentle. He was Wednesday night cuddles and Friday morning wake up calls. He was Thursday afternoon naps and Monday night dinners. Brody was the active listener and the most wonderful person to pig out with. He was the soft blanket wrapped around her a she lay in bed and the ocean waves of the alarm clock that woke her up every morning. He was the couch that held her firmly and safely during her naps and the whipped cream on top of Monday night’s desert. He was her comfort.
The third name was James, and she loved him as only a wife can love her husband. He was honest, interesting and passionate. He was Friday evening pizza night and Saturday morning pancakes. He was Wednesday morning’s drive to work and Thursday night article revisions. James was the person to talk to about dreams, and the best Scrabble player in the world. He was the cheese on top of her pizza and the bananas and blueberries in her Saturday morning pancakes. He was her NPR host during drives to work and the pen that skimmed through the words on her page. He was her conscience.
Three names, three loves. The same man. Caleb Brody James. The love of her life and everything she would ever and had ever needed.

Thank you so much!! You're so sweet for saying that!

LiveLaughLoveWriter BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

"Experience is the hardest teacher, because she gives the test first and the lesson later..."

"Don't make her fall if you aren't planning to catch her..."

That was amazing! I loved how you described everything!(: