Before I Sleep | Teen Ink

Before I Sleep

August 19, 2012
By KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado
KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
Time only numbs all pain, it does not heal the wounds created by, nor does it heal the pain


“Before I sleep let me dance in the pale moonlight.” She tells him.
“Before I sleep let me dance in the rain.” He says to her.
“Before I sleep let me hold your hand.” She said, holding out a hand.
He gently took her hand in his. “Before I sleep check under my bed for the boogie man.”
She giggled. “Before I sleep sing me a goodnight lullaby.”
He smiled at her giggling. “Before I sleep I want to drink hot coco.”
She grinned brightly. “Before I sleep I want to eat chili cheese fries.”
He chuckled, amused. “You and your chili cheese fries. Alright, before I sleep I want to ride with Cowboys from the Wild Wild West and be an outlaw.”
She cocked her head to the side, smiling widely. “Before I sleep take me back so I can be a Wild Indian.”
He leaned back in his chair, tilting his face upwards. “Before I sleep I want to walk along the Ocean edge at night with a beautiful Princess.”
She giggled again. “What else?”
He grinned at her. “Before I sleep I want to swim across the world.”
“Before I sleep I want to walk on water.” She giggled some more.
He couldn’t stop smiling. “Before I sleep let me learn to fly”
“before I sleep let me float on clouds.” She piped up, playing with his hand.
“Before I sleep I don’t want to be best friends anymore.” He said softly.
Her eyes widened and she looked at him, near to tears.
“Before I sleep I want to be more than best friends.” He continued.
She became still, watching him carefully
“Before I sleep I want to tell you the words I’ve wanted to say since I met you.” He went on in a whisper, his eyes on hers.
She let out a sharp breath and leaned into her pillow, closing her eyes He dropped his face into his hands and sat for several minutes like that. When he looked up she lay lifeless, her hand still in his. He leaned forward and gently pressed his lips to her cold ones.
“Before I sleep I wanted to say I love you.” He whispered in a choked up voice, tears streaming down his cheeks and onto her cold body. “Before I sleep I will always bid you goodnight.”