Bungee Jumping | Teen Ink

Bungee Jumping

By Iridescent_Lilly BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Iridescent_Lilly BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

I have many, but my top favorite (at the moment) is;
"Fairytales do not tell children that Dragons exist. Children already know that Dragons exist; Fairytales tell children that Dragons can be killed."
-G.K. Chesterson

“‘Are you sure about this?’ my quavering voice ripples from my chapped lips.
‘When am I ever sure?’ Tony asks, his strong bass voice sending an excited chill up my spine.
I grin and he takes my ivory hand in his golden brown one. The thrill of being with him is challenged only by adrenaline rush I got from these ‘adventures.’
Even from the time we were five, Tony had been daring and clever. I, on the other hand, had only ever been the sweet ‘damsel in distress.’ And though I did enjoy him constantly having to rescue me, I wasn’t what I had planned to do my entire life. I had dreamed of being an actress, and Tony told me I have true talent.
‘Okay, I think you kids are all set, ready?’
I give my best ‘please talk me out of this look’ to Tony, but he just give me his brightest ‘never’ grin. I look down again at the gushing waters below. Above all the crazy things he had wanted me to do, bungee jumping was at the top of that list.
‘I am; what about you, Princess?’ Tony asked, giving me an endearing smile.
I take a big breath and close my eyes, ‘Ready!’”
But that was years ago. I carefully wrap the photo of us right after the jump, kissing as the man unstrapped us from the bungee cord.
“You almost ready Maddie?” Tony asks, peaking around the corner.
“Why wouldn’t I be?”
He just laughs and twirls me around, squeezing me from behind. I hear his excited yelp as I feel a kick in my stomach.
“Does that mean she likes me?” he asked for the hundredth time, coming around to put his ear on my swollen stomach.
“I don’t see how any girl wouldn’t like you, Tony,” I reply, grinning from ear to ear.
He slowly rises to his feet, and awkwardly leans over to give me a deep kiss.

Just a sweet little story to give you a grin.
Also, this is like a free writing exercise for me, so I just wrote it in a few minutes to get the juices flowing; hope you enjoy it!