The Moon in His Arms | Teen Ink

The Moon in His Arms

TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

He had to fight the urge in him to touch her. He wanted to reach out to her, brush those pale blonde bangs out of her baby blue eyes, touch her pink tinted cheeks, and know that she was real. That he wasn't just dreaming. The thought of still being in Vrodgar made his heart drop.

She looked like she was just a dream, a dream that would slip away from his grasps if he tried to reach out and catch her. She was perfection in human form; she couldn't be real. His mind must have been playing tricks on him.

He was playing with fire, and fire was slowly consuming him. He couldn't tear his gaze from her radiant form. He wanted to touch her- god, he ached with the need to hold her delicate form in his arms- but he was afraid to disturb that wistful look plastered on her cute features.

Her gaze was awestruck, her pink moist mouth gaped open in astonishment as she lay beside him, curled next to him. The stars blanketed the skies like little crystals. They seemed to wink at Jynx knowingly, as of they knew where his thoughts were wandering. His blush betrayed his thoughts and he tore his gaze away from the stars, hoping that Cerise hadn't figured out what he was thinking.

Scoffing, Jynx's gaze fell on Cerise, who was wildly gesturing to the sky now, her eyes full of delight.

"Look Jynx! Look at the stars!" Her eyes fell on Jynx and her lips curled into a brilliant smile. "We never got a view like this before in Vrodgar." Jynx's heart constricted as he stared at her dumbly. She was so beautiful, so happy with being here.

<i>Here with me.</i>

Suddenly, there was a sad look of longing in the depths of her eyes as she turned her head to stare at him. Specks of stars sparkled in those eyes that reminded Jynx of pieces of the sky. In the corner of those starry, sky eyes were tiny droplets of rain.

Tears-- she was crying.

<i>Angels like her should not cry. Smiles suit their faces much better.</i>

"I wish I were a star, a beautiful radiant star that could live forever in the starry sky," she whispered as she blinked the tears away. "To be part of something so brilliant, to be forever part of a constellation for others to look up and marvel over. I want to be beautiful too."

<i>A star? She would downgrade herself to something as minuscule and fleeting as a star?</i>

His lips curled into a frown as he shook his head. Why would she want to be a star when she could be much more?

"Cerise, you-" His voice choked up as he shook his head. "You can't be a star, Cerise."

She looked at him like he had just slapped her across the cheek. Hurt flashed in the depths of those beautiful eyes and Jynx immediately regretted his tone. He had sounded harsh, though he had meant good.

"Cerise..." he blurted out as he reached out and grasped Cerise's wrist. He immediately touched the side of Cerise's face and lightly pressed his forehead to hers, his eyes burning with love. His mouth pressed against her nose in a traitorous kiss as his hand stroked her hair lovingly. He pulled back to brush the glittering tears from those eyes, those beautiful blue eyes he fell in love with.

"A star is a fleeting beauty that dims," he murmured softly as he stared down at Cerise, his lips quirked in a soft smile. "Soon, its beauty fades away, leaving only a faint memory of its once dazzling brilliance. It falls, it dies, and its light is replaced by another. Your beauty can never dim. Your beauty can never be replaced. Your beauty won't ever just become a memory. So no, Cerise, you're not a star. You're the moon. Your shine is eternal, luminous, and always beautiful. Like you."

When she smiled, heaven and earth became one, and the sky seemed to come crashing down on him. How could one being, this one girl, be his salvation, and yet be his unwavering destruction?

<i>How did you do this to me? How did you bring all my shields down? When did I let you in?</i>

It was the perfect moment, so very perfect. It was just him, her, and the stars in this never ending space. It was so perfect, so simple.

Loving her.

Glancing up at the sky, a smile lit his face as a shooting star flashed across the sky. It made for a perfect scene; him and her underneath the blanket of stars while a shooting stars passed from up above.

But he didn't close his eyes. He didn't need to.

He already had what he could ever wish for wrapped up in his arms tonight.

"If I'm the moon-" Jynx glanced down at the girl snuggled up in his arms and he quirked his brows, curious at her words. He tilted his head to the side and caught Cerise smiling up at him. "-Then you are my sun," she murmured softly, her cheeks burning red.

And he smiled.

Special thanks to CarsonFaircloth's roleplay, Busting In. The characters I created, Fay and Jynx, are probably the two most influential characters I have ever had. I also want to give special recognition to DefyingGravity for creating Cerise. Hope you enjoy this stoty! :)

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Lovely, sweet, very, very cute :) 

SteelJam BRONZE, Cheswick, Pennsylvania
Aww! So cute!

on Feb. 13 2012 at 8:23 am
Goddess PLATINUM, Connellsville, Pennsylvania

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

wow i truly love it!!!

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

:D Love it!!!!! eee!