Rapunzel, Rapunzel | Teen Ink

Rapunzel, Rapunzel

January 23, 2012
By Shorticus SILVER, Orange County, California
Shorticus SILVER, Orange County, California
5 articles 2 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Accidents don't just happen accidentally. " -Dean Winchester.


Saturday, February 11th, 11:06 p.m.

"Walk out onto your balcony." His text read.

"My balcony?"' I texted back, "My room doesnt have a balcony...my brother's does, though..."

"Well then walk out onto your brother's balcony." Said his text.

I pull myself out of bed and put on some blue pajama pants and a black hoodie.

I poke my head into my brother's dark room, hearing the sound of his soft breathing that signals he's asleep.

I creep through the darkness and, as my eyes adjust, I reach for the door handle, slowly and quietly pulling it open.

I walk out onto the balcony and silently close the door behind me. I turn around and walk to the railing that separates me and a 2 story drop to the ground.

Peering over the edge, I see him there, sitting on my lawn, holding something silver in his hand.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your long hair." He says in that deep voice of his.

His words confused me and, since I have relatively medium-length hair, I thought that it would be impossible for him to climb up my hair.

"There's some rope in one of the corners of the balcony. Use that." He says, slightly amused at my confusion.

I look around the balcony and spot the rope. Picking it up and throwing it over the edge of the balcony, I see that it's already been tied to the railing, making it an easy climb for him.

He drags himself up the rope with ease and pulls himself over the railing, landing on his feet and standing tall in front of me.

He wears a white button-down shirt, a sleek, solid color blue tie, and jeans.

He reminds me of a modern-day prince.

"I have something very important to ask you." he says, "And it couldn't wait another second."

He takes a step closer to me and holds up the silver tiara he held in his hand.

"Be my princess, darling." He says. "Go out with me. Please."

With no need of a second thought, I nod.

"Yes." I whisper "Yes yes yes yes yes."

He places the tiara on my head and wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me into the air and spinning around a few times.

The spinning slows and he looks deep into my eyes, lowering me a bit so that my face is only centimeters from his.

After a moment's hesitation, he presses his lips to mine. Without breaking the kiss, he puts me on the ground so that I am standing on my own two feet and pulls me up against him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his face closer to mine.

He finally breaks the kiss and pulls me into a hug.

"I love you, hun." He says, "Ever since the first day we became friends."

"I've loved you since the very first day, too." I respond "I've just never had the nerve to say it before now."

He slips one finger under my chin and kisses me, starting up the fireworks all over again.

I do love him.
He's my best friend. And now...he's my boyfriend.


The author's comments:
Well...I was lying in bed last night and got the idea for a modern-day Rapunzel story.
So, naturally, I turned it into this.
I hope you like it.