Never Forget Her | Teen Ink

Never Forget Her

December 9, 2011
By LenoreNevermore GOLD, Davis, California
LenoreNevermore GOLD, Davis, California
14 articles 0 photos 15 comments

"Jared, I have something to tell you." Rachelle murmured, holding my hand tightly. I stopped walking at looked at her. Really looked at her.

Her red hair, fiery and bright, just like her personality, practically glowed in the dim light. Though most of it was hidden under a knitted hat, what was showing was gorgeous. And her eyes. They were moss green, full of light and love. Unlike most redheads, dark eyelashes framed them.

She was incredibly beautiful, from her Converse-clad toes to her freckled arms to her ruby red lips to her hair.

"What is it, love?" I turned my attention to her eyes again, then kissed her nose.

"Jared, I love you." Though I had knew it, she had never said it before. My heart raced.

"Honey, I love you too." And I moved my lips to hers and we kissed for the first time.


My love for her was strong, but never was it stronger than the time I held her in my arms as she died.
When she told me she loved me for the first time, I loved her with all my heart. But now, when I held her and she died, I loved her with all my heart and all my soul.

She had stumbled to my doorstep, just barely rapping the door with her frail, bloodless hand. I was downstairs, baking a surprise birthday cake for her birthday, which was the next day, when I heard the sound. I tossed my apron on the counter, and walked to the entry way. I opened the caramel colored wood door, looked down, and gasped in astonishment. She lay there, in a pool of her own scarlet blood, cradling the dagger in her heart. She moved her blood red lips but no sound came out.
“Rachelle!” I cried out to her, taking her into my arms. “Rachelle, Rachelle.”
“Jared.” She whispered. “It hurts. Don’t leave me.”


“Don’t you worry. It’ll all be okay.” I cradle her, brushing copper hair out of her moss green eyes. I promise, “I won’t leave you. I won’t let you go.”


Tears come silently; a single silver tear falls on her cheek. I brush it off with a kiss, before kissing those red, red lips.


“It’ll be fine. You’ll be okay.” I promised her again. “I love you, Rae.”


“I love you, Jared.” She says, crying out in pain.


“I won’t leave you. I’m not going to go.” I repeat, whispering in her ear.


But her breaths grow ragged, her face and hands so cold and white as a cadaver’s. A three word phrase dies on her lips, with her. I cry harder, but I promised something.


I won’t forget you, Rachelle. I will never stop loving you. I don't know who stabbed you, but when I do, I shall avenge your death. I'll be sure of that, for you are my best friend, first and only lover, and I love you with all my heart and soul, and I will never forget you.