My Soldier | Teen Ink

My Soldier

By ckenzi DIAMOND, Hutchinson, Kansas
ckenzi DIAMOND, Hutchinson, Kansas

Trying to forget someone you once loved is like trying to remember someone you never knew.

Phil 1:7- For it is right of me to feel this way about you because I hold you very dear to my heart.

My dear soldier,
Your heart is my home, wherever you go I want to go. Everyone else has tried to fill the implant in my heart that you left with your kiss, and everyone has failed, because there’s only one you.
I love you, I mean it. I don't care if you can't say it back. I'll say it enough times for the both of us. I love you so much.
I want to be yours for forever. I want to grow old with you and sit on rocking chairs and bask in the evening sun. I want to make you buy me a million slushies, and steal all of your jackets and kiss you, just so you will hold me I can smell of your cologne. I want to laugh with you when I'm a klutz and run into doors and walls and everything else. I want to go on late night walks on the beach with your arm around my waste as you kiss my head. I want to look at your picture and know that you are mine. I want to get to know every detail about you and grow to love you more each day. I want to wake up with you by my side, in twenty years, knowing that you’re my forever love.
I want to be yours.
I love you more than I love my next breath.
Goodnight my love, dream sweetly, and know that I'm thinking of you.
Love,
cKenz