Dear You | Teen Ink

Dear You

By jesus_saves GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
jesus_saves GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

You know somethings wrong when you can't share your thoughts with your self.
-Sadie P. Jackson

Dear You,

I miss you. I miss you so much. I can’t wait to see you. I want to talk with you, laugh with you, smile with you. You make my heart leap, you make me myself again.
I love when we discuss things. I want to discuss something with you again. I don’t care what we talk about; I just want to listen to your opinions. I want to see your passions, your ambitions. I want to hear you talk about the news of the day or a problem you want to fix. I love how you ramble on and on. Every word you say brings me closer to you. I want to see who you are, become more than just someone you know. I want to be your friend. And I want you to be my friend.

I want to come to you and cry on your shoulder. I want you to comfort me and hold me in your arms. I want you to cry too, and then I know you really feel my pain. I want you to look me in the eyes and say you’ll always be there for me. I want you not to kiss me. You just look into my eyes and say what a kiss never could, I want you to not even consider kissing me. You will be so in love with me that you wouldn’t dream of tarnishing my innocence. I want you to look me in the eye and say you are my friend, not my boyfriend. Tell me that you will always be my friend and never just leave me. Say that you will always be there for me no matter if I date a hundred guys. Tell me you will protect me at all cost.

I want to pray for you everyday. Pray for your heart your mind and your soul. I want to tell Jesus everything I know about you. And he’ll listen as I pray for you. I want to know that you are praying for me, I want to know that Jesus is up there listening to how much you love me. I want you to be so in love with Jesus that you can’t stop talking to him. I want to know that you talked to Jesus before you did it, that you made sure that this is of God. I love how you talk about your savior. That’s what we should talk about, Jesus. What he is doing and what he always does. I love when we talk about him. Your eyes light up with the excitement of a man who loves God.

I want you to meet me at Sonic. Order us a cherry-limeade and talk with me. I want you to pay attention to me and stay interested in what I have to say. I want you to act like its any other day, like you just wanted to meet me for lunch for the fun of it. I want your hands to shake when they hold mine. I want you to shiver with excitement. Then you will kneel. I want your voice to crack when you ask me; I want your eyes to shine when I answer: Yes. I want our Joy to never end.

I miss you. Your face, your humor, your eyes- I miss everything about you. My heart is sold out for you. I will never look at anyone the way I look at you. Never know anyone the way I know you. Never be so consumed in love for anyone the way I am for you.

I just can’t wait to meet you

Love,

Your Future Wife

This is not a fiction story. Honestly I wrote this for my future husband. I hope that you guys can read this and for a moment see how much i love him. And how much i can wait to meet him.