Water and Fire | Teen Ink

Water and Fire

March 16, 2011
By Vivian229 SILVER, Colfax, California
Vivian229 SILVER, Colfax, California
6 articles 3 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Well if you were perfect then you would be like a god, unattainable. I like to think that you are almost perfect, that one lucky girl can be the one to ‘attain’ you. I mean if you were perfect, or god like, there would be no way any girl would have a chance with you.”


I opened my eyes to find myself lying on the ground with my black hair covering my face. I have no idea where I am, or how I got here. What is going…?
“Finally, you’re awake Vivian.” A girl with a peppy voice said with relief. I sat up and looked at the girl with blonde curls and red eyes. Who is she? Who is this Vivian girl that she is calling me? It is certainly not me for I am… Who am I? I...I don’t... remember... anything. At that moment the look on the girl’s face turned from relief to worry.
I wanted to ask her many questions but all I was able to get out was “Vivian?” The girl lowered her head down, for I guess I had let her down in some way. I really have no idea what is going on here.
The girl raised her head slowly and looked into my eyes and whispered “You don’t remember, do you?” The words came out as if she was choking on them. This girl knows something that I do not. What is it?
Again I had many questions, but I was only able to get one word out. “Remember?” Her mood seemed to get worse from what I said.
She looks off in the distance with a look of pain on her face. Does it hurt to look at me? What happened to me? As if she read my mind she started to explain. “Everyone who gets sent to this place is given amnesia and those who are able to remember something, anything, big or small, they are able to go through that door.” She points to the door over to the right of us. It was right then, when she showed me the door that I really took in the setting. I was in front of a gigantic castle with a wooden door. We happened to be lying on the path way that lead up to the door. She turned her head and looked over at me and continued, “You’ve got to remember Vivian. I can’t go in there without you. I’m not strong enough to go on without you.”

This girl is crazy! I really have no idea of what she is saying. It is as if she thinks that I am somebody else. “I’m sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about.” I responded. The girl looked down, these words really upset her. She brought her head back up with a fake smile upon her face.

“Come on Vivian, remember something. It can be something small like what you had for breakfast yesterday, just remember something.” She pleaded with me. I feel as though I know her. There is something there. If I only knew her name......

“Maybe... Just maybe if you could tell me your name or something about yourself, I could remember something.” I suggested. The smile was wiped from her face.

“I’m sorry, but I am not allowed to give anything like that....” She replied. She put on another fake smile and continued on. “But try and think of the first time we met...... Or one of the fun adventures we have had together.” Her smile became more real when she thought of these memories. If only I could remember so I can bring a real smile to her face. “ I’ve got it! Remember the first time you met him...” Who is this? She put so much emphasis on the word him he has got to be important..... Who is he.....?
........
........
........
........

I remember something. I was out in an open field lying, on the ground, next to that girl.... Fi....Fir... Firya!. We were with other friends enjoying the nighttime sky. Enjoying each other’s company. Then all of a sudden there was rustling in the trees. Everyone else started freaking out. I was the only one brave enough to do anything.
I stood up and yelled “Hey! Who is there?” Just as I said it our guy friends came out of the trees, with Firya’s boyfriend, Kamiren, leading the way. Firya ran over to Kamiren, which is when I first noticed him, a new boy in the group. All the girls were talking about him, but as they talked all I could do was stand there and stare into his hazel eyes.

I don’t know how long we stood there before Firya saw what was going on and called me over there. The others were jealous that I was able to meet the new guy first and complaining that it was not fair. I tuned out their voices for I did not need to be embarrassed when I first meet him.

I walked up calmly to the group, even though the emotions were roaring up within me. Karirmen, Firya, and the mystery boy stayed while the rest of the group walked over to the group of girls, who were slowly creeping up to the group.

Firya came over to my right side, put her head next to my ear and whispered, “ I thought you would like it better if there was less people here.”

“You know me so well,” I replied. I stuck out my hand to the new guy and said “Hello my name Vivian.”

The boy ran his left hand through his hair and with his right took mine. A shock ran through us and it took a second for him to answer. “Hello, my name is.........”
........
........
I remember everything now. Sorry for making you worried, Firya........
........
I awoke from my memory to find Firya still blabbering away. If I did not love her so much I would smack her upside the head.

“Firya for the love that is all good will you please shut up.” I said. A smile ran onto her face, tears swelled up in her eyes.

“You remember.” She said. The life came back into her eyes. There is the Firya I know and love.
“Of course I remember. How could I forget you? You have always been there whether I want you there or not.” She started to pout a little. Haven’t you learned yet that I am immune to your look by now?
“How could you not want me there?”
“Well for example I wanted you there when I first met him, but I did not want you there when he and I shared our first kiss screaming ‘FINALLY’ in the background with our friends. I mean what kind of friend does that?” Firya started to look down for what I said. She had no answer to my question. “I know what kind of friend. The ‘You’re not my friend.” I took a breath and Firya started to look worse. “You’re my sister.” Firya perked right up when she heard it.
“Awwww Vivian. That’s so sweet.”
“Now let's go through the door to find our friends and face the unknown. We have nothing to fear.”
“For together we’re unbeatable.”
“Unstoppable.”
“Inseparable.”
At the same time we said, “For together we are the powerful duo of water and fire.” I looked into her red eyes and she looked into my ice blue ones and at that moment we knew that nothing could harm us as long as we are together. Our bond is strong enough to withstand anything that comes into our way.
I reached out my hand to Firya. “ Come, Firya, our friends await us behind the door.” She took my hand and I opened the door and a bright light came rushing out. We took a deep breath and step into the unknown and braced ourselves for what could be behind the door.