Love can only happen once? | Teen Ink

Love can only happen once?

By Nonestopcook PLATINUM, Traverse City, Michigan
Nonestopcook PLATINUM, Traverse City, Michigan

Nobody noticed me until they didn't know who I was- Bansky

Many say love can only happen once,
And for that many their love,
can destroy them only once,
it can make them cry themself to sleep,
make them wish they were dead,
it can kill them fast or slow,
love can destroy once and only once,
but love can happen many times,
not just once

This is what I wrote after the week my life came crashing down but stopped and gradually rose again to a point where it was better then before. Here's the story.
I had been getting ready for what seemed like hours for this date...the date where I thought Quintin would ask the big question. I had been to the mall for hours searching for the dress, the perfect dress, and I had found it. It was a Valentino dress that was a baby blue with white lace attached to it going vertically across it in sections. It was beautiful. I had decided to wear pale white flats with it.
Quintin said he would pick me up around 5 in front of the building I lived in (this meant in his world 5:30). He arrived when I thought he would and drove me to Three Doves. I sat all through dinner waiting, watching but in the end nothing. Finally when he dropped me off, just when I was about to get out of the car, he turned to me and said that he had somthing important to say.This was it I was thinking to myself nonestop.
"What?" I excitedly asked him
"Grace, I think it is time we stopped seeing each other." He replied and that was it. That was the moment my world came crashing down. The man I had loved for 2 years loved me... no more. I rushed from the car and to the door which was opened by Sean the doorman. Up the stairs I ran which was not a good idea in a fragile vintage dress but still I ran. When I got to my apartment I kicked off my shoes and flopped on the bed and started to cry and there I stayed for 2 days with the same dress on eating nothing but ice cream and pretending to be sick so I didn't have to go to work. On the third day there was a knock at my door. I forced myself to get up to see who it was. It was Sean who may be my doorman but was also my good friend.
"O.K. Grace. What's the problem." He asked, walking in.
"Quintin broke up with me" I replied while sinffling
"And you lock yourself up here for 2 days girl. Come on. There are plenty of guys out there who are interested in you and he was a jerk anyway."
"Yes but he was my jerk." Then it hit me I had never really thought about it before but Sean was kinda sorta really cute or hot, you decide. He was a tall guy with semi-long black hair that swept across his face that complemented his fudge brown eyes well. He also had pale skin the color of alabaster. He knew me better then anyone and had always been there for me. I had dragged him on countless shoe sale trips, band gigs, and clothes shopping trips and still he never complained which was amazing.
"Well you got to get out of here sometime. Your favorite band Rise Against is playing tonight at The Office (a bar). Want to go?" He asked me while brushing a lock of hair from his eyes.
"Sure. Is it formal or laid back?" I asked while trying not to giggle and blush which was very hard in my case of being a full-time flirt.
He shook his head. "Laid back. And is that all you care about -- what type of clothes you should wear?"
"No." I said innocently back "See you in a bit." I added and pushed him out of the room. I had a little less then three hours to find the perfect outfit. I ran to my closet and begain to search. Less then an hour before the gig, I had found the outfit. It consisted of a black tiered mini skirt and and a bright yellow t-shirt that had a pictue of a fender guitar on the front and black knee-high Converse. The black went well with my stawberry red hair and the yellow with my sea blue eyes.
I met Sean in front of The Office but unfortunately we had to wait in a semi-long line to get in, but to me it was worth it. I had been in love with Rise Agianst since I was 12 and now I'm 23 so that's a pretty long time. When we finally got in, we pushed thorugh the crowed to find a table. The one we found was the last one open. For the next 3 hours the night consisted of jumping up and down, singing my heart out, and drinking.
My ears were still ringing when we got back to the apartment complex. Sean and I walked up the stairs to my floor.
"So Grace, are you going to head back to work tommrow? I'm sure the company wants you to show up. They can't really do a photo shot with out their main model." Sean asked
I rolled my eyes "Fine. I'll go to work. You happy?"
Sean started to laugh "Yes I am." He said inbetween chuckles

Sorry for the spelling

on Jan. 27 2011 at 12:06 am
Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

Everything makes sense if you think too much about it.

Hmm.

I guess I see that you're trying to get across the point that love doesn't just happen once...but somehow it ended up sounded a little...shallow.

I'm sorry, no offence intended. It's just, I've kind of been through a heartbreak, and when I read the poem, I guess I got my hopes up.

=)