Green Eyes Ch. 3 | Teen Ink

Green Eyes Ch. 3

November 15, 2010
By Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas
Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas
16 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If they think you're crazy they won't mess with you."


I was pretty much dazed the rest of the day, but I did made sure I stayed away from Madison. Kidding or not, I was still pretty freaked out. I also stayed away from Adrian. Even though he sounded real serious about warning me, who knew? It could just be some prank the hottest guy in school is playing on the new girl. Adrian and Madison could easily still be together and just playing a VERY elaborate prank to see if I would go out with him. I wasn't going to fall for it. I had been through too many schools and too many pranks. I suppose I'm a little bit too paranoid. Oh well, better safe than pranked, right?

"So, how was school?" Mom asked me when I walked in the front door.

I knew she wouldn't believe me - if she was even listening - so I told her the truth. "I've broken up a couple on complete accident and now the girl wants revenge."

"That's nice, dear," She said.

I tried not to laugh or burst into tears as I went to my room. She never really heard me talk to her about school, and when she did, she never believed me.

I shut the door and locked it. It made me feel more secure, even though Madison didn't know where I lived. At least I hoped she didn't. I shook my head of thoughts like that and took out my homework. I didn't understand most of it.

I dreamed, and they weren't really dreams. They were more like nightmares. Nightmares about a red-headed devil mixing chemicals together. A green-eyed God laughing at me as I fell down an abyss. I woke up, gasping and covered in cold sweat. I needed a day off. My clock read four am. No point in going back to sleep. I rolled out of bed and hit the carpeted floor.

I wasn't fully awake until the school bell rang, starting first period. I looked to the left, expecting Franky. Instead, I got Adrian. Great. Note the sarcasm?

"You alright?" He asked, actually sounding worried. It made my heart beat faster and my blood boil. I ignored him and turned back to the teacher.

The bell rang, and I left class in a hurry, ignoring Adrian staring at my back and Madison glaring daggers into my head. I hurried to orchestra, just wanting to get the day over with.

But of course things didn't go by the plan. Adrian managed to corner me on the way to lunch. I had been avoiding him succesfully until the bell rung for lunch.

"What is UP with you?" He demanded, putting his arm on the wall. To my right was a cream wall, to my left was Adrian's arm, and right in front of me was his pale face, only inches from mine. My heart rate quickened, and I felt my face reddening. "Tell me."

"Why should I trust you?" I whispered, looking down. I didn't - couldn't - look into his eyes. I didn't want to hear the answer, but at the same time I wanted to know. I wanted it to end before it even started.

He didn't reply. I pushed his chest, just wanting to get away from him, but he didn't move. His chest was hard, as if he worked out every day. I didn't want to know if he did. I didn't want to know anything about him. Becasue the more I knew, the more I would wish that he liked me. He leaned closer to me, so that our noses were only an inch away. "Who else can you trust?" He whispered in reply.

"Franky," I replied simply. "She's the ONLY person I can trust," I replied coldly. I looked up to stare him down, and what I saw shook me and made my heart speed up even more. His green eyes looked hurt, but beind all that was worry. He was either an amazingly good liar or he really was worried about me.

He shook his head and pushed away from the wall, away from me. His black hair covered his left eye and he stalked off. I looked around and wondered if the only reason he left was because a teacher was coming down the hall. Mr. McMath. Crap.

I turned and fast-walked to the cafeteria. I didn't want to be caught by him of all teachers, but it'd be even worse if I was caught running, too. I made it to the cafeteria without being spotted. I took a seat in the corner, where no one was sitting, and took out the small lunch I had packed for myself.

I was about to start eating when someone sat down next to me. "Go away, Adrian. I'm not in the mood," I growled at him, taking a bitet out of my sandwich.

"How'd you know it was me?" He sounded extremely surprised.

I swallowed my PB and J sandwich bite. "Because you're the only person here today that would actually talk to me," I responded, turning my head to the right to look at him. I couldn't see his eyes. His left one was still covered by his hair.

"Is Franky really you're only friend?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, she is. Why's she gone, anyway?" I put down my sandwich.

"She caught the flu a bit early. She'll be back in a few days." He didn't sound too concerned about her. His worry was for me, not his ex's twin.

"Well... I guess she's my only friend, except for you..." I looked back at my sandwich. My face was getting red again. Silence. "If that's alright with -" I stopped. He was hugging me.

He pulled back, his face a little pink. "Right... sorry." He got up and walked quickly away.

I don't really remember much about the rest of the day. I didn't get embarassed when Madison tripped me in Science, and I didn't make a comment when everyone was laughing at me. But that's all I remember about the afternoon. The rest was just a blur. All I could think about was that Adrian had hugged me. Adrian had hugged me. That chant lulled me to sleep that night, and I had pleasant dreams.


The author's comments:
Chapter Three of Green Eyes! I'm so happy! And I'd like to thank the people who have commented on my work, you've really kept me going and working harder on it! ^.^