Our Love's Untouchable | Teen Ink

Our Love's Untouchable

By believeinmexoxo GOLD, Brewster, New York
believeinmexoxo GOLD, Brewster, New York

If you love something let it go and if it comes back to you, it’s yours forever- Anonymous

“I’m pregnant, Adam,” Kayla whispered, letting the tears cascade down her flushed face. She couldn't believe she had gotten pregnant at the age of seventeen, breaking her promise to herself to never become a teen mom and follow in her sister’s footsteps. Kayla just stared at Adam, who was in shock, while a frown crept onto his face.

“A-Are you sure?” Adam asked, hoping that she was just kidding, but by the looks of it, she wasn’t.

Kayla nodded her head slightly before burying her face into his cold, chiseled chest.
---
Adam was now nervous because of the fact that he had to break it to his girlfriend of over a year and a half now that he had gotten another girl pregnant. He never expected that one night of fun would possibly cost him his future and his girl.

Mia walked toward her locker at the end of the hallway, excited to see her boyfriend since they haven’t seen each other for two days. She looked around and saw Adam leaning up against her locker, causing her to smile in happiness. “Adam!” Mia beamed before running up to her boyfriend, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. “I missed you, love,” she said, attempting to give Adam a sweet kiss on the lips, but he refused to, making her scrunch up her eyebrows I confusion, “I-is something wrong?” The bright smile quickly escaped from Mia’s lips while worry began taking over her.

Adam sighed, taking Mia’s arms off from around his neck before grabbing ahold of Mia’s hand as he led her to the bleachers. As soon as they reached the bleachers, Adam acknowledged for Mia to sit down.

Mia took a sit on the bleachers before looking back into Adam’s frightened eyes. “Is there something wrong? If we’re talking about this making love thing, I-I’m not ready…please understand that,” she explained, her breaths accelerating with every word she let escape from her innocent lips.

“It’s not that, that virginity of yours is out of our topic. I-well-I-I’m breaking up with you,” he announced as he swiftly looked away, not wanting to see his girlfriend’s reaction, or should he say, ex-girlfriend.

As soon as Mia had heard what Adam said, her heart instantly broke, falling into an abyss. But if this was what he wanted, she needed to give him what he had requested, knowing that he’s breaking up with her because she won’t give herself away to him. “Is that what you want?” Mia inquired calmly as she tried to hold back the sobs that wanted to come out.

Adam nodded, knowing that if he told her the real reason, it would break her even more. So, it was better this way.

“I-I understand,” Mia murmured before taking off the silver band wrapped around her wrist with the words engraved together always and forever as she handed it to Adam, “she’s a lucky girl,” she once again murmured before leaving Adam behind, letting all the tears fall down from her eyes.

He gripped onto the silver band he had given Mia on their first year anniversary. “I’m so sorry,” Adam whispered to himself, clenching the bracelet close to his chest.
---
It had been two months since she and Nick had broken up. Mia knew that there was another girl and it was her best friend, Kayla. She didn’t hold any sort of grudge on both of them, instead she tried to move on, and by all means, was currently dating the new kid, Luke Levy.
---
“Stop it, Luke, it’s tickling me!” Mia squirmed and giggled while Luke planted butterfly kisses all around her neck.

“That’s my purpose, to tickle you since you won’t let me have a bite of your cheesecake,” Luke spoke through kisses.

She giggled again, caving into his well played act, “Okay, fine, I still have one more cake here in my bag. Now stop giving be butterfly kisses, will ya?”

“Okay,” Luke whispered before planting one last kiss on her neck, as he watched Mia take the box with the slice of his cheesecake in it. “Gimme!” he cried like a little boy, who was eager to have his sweets.

Mia smiled, watching her new boyfriend eat the cheesecake she had made the night before. She turned her head around to see Adam staring at them with sad eyes, which confused her. ‘Didn’t he break up me? Didn’t he want that?’ Mia asked herself before shaking her head and turning back to Luke.
---
Adam watched Mia and the new guy, Luke flirt and kiss like the two them used to do before. He still wished that he was that guy who would make her smile, sing for her when she couldn’t sleep, or say ‘I love you’ to her whenever she needed it the most.
---
Adam entered Kayla’s apartment with a bouquet of red roses in his hands, but stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Kayla speaking to somebody. He knew it was rude to eavesdrop, but he couldn’t just take up the opportunity, so he stood there and listened in to her conversation.

“No, he’ll never find out! I’ve been waiting two years for him to finally be mine and now that Mia’s out of the picture, he and I are going to be together, well at least until he finds out that this baby isn’t his,” Kayla trailed off with a giggle, “Oh no, I do have a baby, but do you know that new kid, Luke, Mia’s boyfriend, yeah he’s the father. Ever since he started going to our school we made a plan to break Adam and Mia up, I know I-,” she got cut off with Adam dropping the bouquet of roses on the ground, “snap!”

“H-How could you? You’re such a f***ing b****, you know that?” Adam yelled before running out of Kayla’s apartment, but before he got into his car, Adam saw Luke making out with some b**** in the alleyway. He smirked while he took his phone out, snapping a picture of them. This was the only way he was going to get Mia back.
---
He climbed up the vines next to Mia’s balcony. A guitar and the rain falling down hard didn’t help Adam get up any easier, but he needed to do it, in order to have Mia back in his arms. After some few attempts of getting up, Adam finally reached her balcony.
---
Mia was crying when she saw somebody had sent her a picture of Luke and some b**** having a serious make-out session in the alley-way. How could she be so unlucky in love? First, Adam breaking up with her and now this? Her thoughts soon got interrupted when she heard someone signing outside of her balcony. She rose up from her bed, moving the curtains aside just to come face to face with Adam singing their theme song, ‘My Girl’. Mia opened her balcony door before speaking, “W-What are you doing here?”

“You’ll always be my girl. Will you take me back?” Adam asked, hoping that she would say yes.

“But, what about Ka-,” Mia tried to say before being interrupted.

“She was never my girl, it was always you, Mia. Plus, she kind of cheated on me with your boyfriend,” Adam explained, starting to get down on one knee, “now will you take me back?” he pleaded before taking the new bouquet of red roses from behind his back.

“I’d love to, Adam Cline, and I’ll always be your girl no matter what,” Mia smiled, pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

on Jan. 8 2011 at 1:04 am
;):):);) great

on Nov. 18 2010 at 4:28 pm

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me :)

Naz95 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 18 2010 at 2:45 am
Naz95 BRONZE, Georgetown, Other
i love this story! so sweet and scandalous