Fear,love or happiness? | Teen Ink

Fear,love or happiness?

By LaDyElFuNkOe SILVER, Male&#39, Other
LaDyElFuNkOe SILVER, Male&#39, Other

“cause Jenna…I love you..I wanted to tell you a long time ago but I was too shy…. I love you” he answered. There was a long moment of silence and I finally whispered “I love you too.”

Golden eyes, shiny hair, beautiful wide smile. Mike. My best friend. The boy who has been with me through everything and anything. Through all the highs and lows of life with me. But never EVER left me. My name is Jenna. I have big green eyes, long black layered hair and a tomboy sense of fashion cause I was born on the rougher side of New York. Me and Mike’s appearances may be VERY different and yet we both have the same amount of friendliness and love inside of us which has been keeping our little flame of friendship alive.

One day ,when I came home from school at lunchtime ,my mom and dad could be heard screaming in their bedroom. I don’t know why but my parents are always fighting. Even over the smallest things possible. For example maybe over what we’ll make for dinner. It’s a hard life here. As I mentioned earlier I was born on the rougher side of town and grew up there until I was 9 ‘till finally my parents decided to move here to Beverly Hills. Well anyway, I went to the kitchen to make myself an egg sandwich and after I ate it up, I was on my way upstairs to my room to call Mike. But what I saw on the landing was the worst scene a 13 year old girl could see. My dad was holding a sharp looking knife to my mom’s throat. I could already see bloody slits here and there on her body were my dad had already attacked her. But the minute he saw me, he dropped the knife, but I had seen enough. I started crying and screaming and ran to my bedroom then banged the door shut. I fell on the bed and started crying. After what seemed like hours of crying, I realized I wanted to call Mike. So I dialed his number with trembling fingers, on the 5th ring, he finally picked the phone up. I told him what I had seen today. He was REALLY understanding (as always) he asked me to come over to his house to get away from all the pain. So I went over in a brisk walk. Usually it would have taken at least 6-8 minutes. But today it took only 5 minutes. When I turned the corner were Mike’s driveway started. I could see him standing on the front porch waiting for me. The instant I saw his arms wide open, I broke down again. He wrapped his arms around me and told me it would be alright. But deep down inside…I knew it will never be. I spent the whole day at Mike’s house. He skipped school just for my sake. But when it started getting dark he told me I should really be going. He dropped me off at my house then walked back home. When I entered the house, the whole place looked like something out of ‘SAW’ the movie. There was blood splattered here and there. My mom was lying on the couch motionlessly. I knew it was over. She was dead. I couldn’t cry. I couldn’t even scream or move. I just stood there motionlessly staring at nothing…Slowly I walked to my room. There I slumped onto my bed and cried softly into my pillow. Only one thought in my mind. Suicide. But instead I called Mike. The only person I had. When he answered my call I told him about my mom I told him I wanted to commit suicide. But he yelled “ARE YOU CRAZY JENNA!? YOU HAVE A LIFE TO LIVE! YOU CAN’T JUST THROW IT AWAY!!”

“No….I haven’t gone crazy yet. But I will if I have to live through this! Anyway why are YOU so concerned. I can do whatever I want can’t I?”I replied

“I am Concerned because I’ve been with you for a long time. And well I love you Jenna….I wanted to tell you a long time ago. But I was too shy…”He answered more quietly.

Then after a long pause I finally replied “I love you too Mike….I love you too.”

Finally after a lifetime of torture, misery and sorrow… I found a REAL life. Mike’s parents took me in as their foster child. We all went to my mom’s funeral. But even if she left her body, my mom will still be watching me from above. I can feel it. My dad is also wandering around somewhere. I don’t really care about a man who killed my mom.

I just want to tell all those who are being mistreated or abused, Don’t be afraid to share your problems with your closest buddies, relatives or even teachers or parents. Because if you share it with them, they may be able to help you. On the other hand, If you keep it to yourself and think about it all the time, you might end up sick or even killing yourself. That’s a bad idea. Life is a great gift. So don’t throw it away….remember No one can be trusted in this world….The choice is in your hands…what would you choose? Fear, love or happiness?

I got inspired to write this story by listening to what an abused friend of mine had gone through...

on Nov. 15 2010 at 11:10 am
LaDyElFuNkOe SILVER, Male&#39, Other
oh my god thank you

on Oct. 24 2010 at 8:52 am
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

this was a moving story.

I CANT BELIEVE PPL DIDNT COMMENT ON THIS!!