Annie? | Teen Ink

Annie?

By CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

Today is always a good day because tomorrow is new day.

She had to admit, being drunk was a VERY interesting experience.

Trying awfully hard to sneak into her apartment quietly she lost her balance, just for a millisecond, and smashed – well something. A laugh escaped from her slurring lips…she couldn’t help it. A few moments later her boyfriend rushed into the kitchen in jeans and a baggy t-shirt and still looking half asleep. Amazingly he pulled it off.

“Annie?”
Annie tried to walk towards him but it wasn’t going so well.
“Annie? What the hell happened? I heard something -” he strode forwards and spotted glass littered across the tiled floor.
“Wait Annie – are you drunk?” his tone of voice changed but Annie didn’t seem to care.
“Y –up!” she giggled popping the letter ‘p’ with her lips.
“Annie, what happened to you? Every since your parents died…I know it’s been hard but, but you’re not even human anymore!” he ran a hand through his sleep ruffled hair in clear frustration.
“Yyyess, I am…” Annie words slurred her voice barely audible. “I am a H-hobo Sapien!”
With that she doubled up into another fit of giggles.
“Ddid you hear that? I…I said hobo instead of h-homo!” This time she guffawed with laughter, her dirty blond hair whipping in all directions as she vibrated.
“B-b-but its TRUE! They were hobo’s! ‘Cuz back, back then they ddidn’t have any houses! They should be calleddd Hobo Sapiens nnnot Homo Saopiens!”

Annie had to back up against the wall, she was cackling so hard. She liked this feeling. Actually she liked it a lot. Being drunk was a good thing, why did so many people say that it was bad? She was laughing more now than she ever used to in her whole life time and for once it was nice not to have to be in control of everything. Someone else could take care of that.

Still finding what she said very amusing Annie looked up at her boyfriend. He didn’t smile. His face was expressionless. To him she looked crazy, she had actually lost it and there was nothing he could do.

“Y-you know what? You know what? I should to-otally be a comediaaan! Okayy, hear this joke. How……did I….get my name?” she paused, unmoving.
Not waiting for his reply she snorted, “MY MOTHER GAVE IT TO ME!”
She hooted with laughter, swaying about and bumping into the counter. Near hysterics there were actual tears dripping off her nose.
Her boyfriend could smell the drink coming off her breath and skin. Having had enough he yelled,” Annie. Annie! Stop it, its enough.”
She didn’t listen.
Filled with anger and sudden impulse he pushed her figure against the wall, his own body holding her in place. He help her head between his palms looking for some part, any part of the Annie he knew and loved. He didn’t find it. Her pupils looked too big and her expression repulsed him
Annie started to caress his waist, pulling him closer to her.
“You want me, don’t you?” she whimpered, a new needy tone taking over.
Her boyfriend froze, “Anni-”
“Sshh…” her hands slipped under his shirt, touching skin.

He closed his eyes, tempted. She was so close to him. Her breathing against his neck caused his hairs to stand on end. She was right, he did want her. It had been so long since she had so much had touched him. He understood that the death of her parents meant that she needed some space, and he respected that but he was a man and he had needs to.
Annie fumbled with his belt and swayed beneath him.

He clasped her hand in his, “Stop.”
His voice was so low and so obviously filled with lust and desire.
She ignored him and reached deeper.
“I said stop!” he gripped her hands tighter this time and pushed them away.
“Don’t you love me?” she sniveled.
“D-don’t say that,” his voice cracked. A moan escaped him.
“You know I do but this…this isn’t right. I don’t want our first time to be like this okay?”
They were still inches apart and her body heat called to him. Untangling himself from her limbs he backed up, leaving her.
Tears fell across her cheeks in earnest now. “Bbut…I NEED you…” she crumpled to the floor, pieces of glass cutting her but she felt numb. The alcohol pumping through her bloodstream made sure of that.
He was filled with regret. Regret that he couldn’t help her, regret that she was in such a state like this but most of all – that he didn’t take the chance with her while he still could.
Humiliated, a sudden fury filled her eyes and she lashed out at him, “You’re dead to me! You know that. You are dead!”
He flinched, those words hit home and she knew it. She relished it.
“Annie, the dead don’t breathe.”
“Yyes! They do. I’ve seen it in movies. All those people who are supposedly dead, with knives tthrough their retched hearts and covered in bloooood – their chests still rise, they still breathe.”

“You’re making no sense now, you know that?” shaking his head he turned away, heading for his bed.
Annie sat on the ground her skin covered in cuts and bleeding freely now, “I’m a great comedian.” She chuckled at her own words.
The drugs took away the physical pain, but no matter how much she took it couldn’t take away the raw emotion that was now a constant companion to her. Her face now dry with tears, were etched with exhaustion - exhausted with life.
“My whole life is a joke.”

on Oct. 8 2010 at 7:30 am
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

THANK YOU!!!! ;) tell me when your posting a new story again

We-R-3 BRONZE said...
on Oct. 7 2010 at 7:30 pm
We-R-3 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

A picture is worth a thousand words, however it takes a real artist to turn words into pictures.

Have you heard about the new Lebron Iphone, you have to set it on vibrate because it doesn't have any rings

Once again I applaud you. Great job.

on Oct. 7 2010 at 12:02 pm
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

haha - kwl. do you write fiction or poerty nd stuff???

on Oct. 7 2010 at 11:33 am
UnwantedNinja GOLD, Pretoria, Other

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

haha ofcurz i guesed i dont know u, and it shows that u started i have been using teen ink form many years

on Oct. 7 2010 at 11:25 am
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

did u??????

on Oct. 7 2010 at 11:22 am
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

yup - how did you guess??? haha

on Oct. 7 2010 at 9:22 am
UnwantedNinja GOLD, Pretoria, Other

Walt Disney

u seem like u just started using teenink

on Oct. 7 2010 at 8:59 am
UnwantedNinja GOLD, Pretoria, Other

Walt Disney

Wow this is great :) it remind me of my sister.

TuffGurl said...
on Oct. 7 2010 at 5:19 am
thanks and I'll tell you when I have an account so you can read.

on Oct. 7 2010 at 12:07 am
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

sure:):):) i'd love 2!

TuffGurl said...
on Oct. 6 2010 at 2:20 pm
I know what you mean. And thanks (about the name being kwl part... haha :D). And I thought that you sounded familiar, so I clicked your name to see what pieces you have written and I read all of them. I read one before (the not even close to love one)... so yeah. But you are a really good writer. And I want to make an account on Teen Ink, and when I post work can you read it? I'll tell you in a comment on one of your pieces or something.

on Oct. 6 2010 at 11:37 am
CuteAsIce PLATINUM, Pretoria, Other

Thank you! I was actually thinking of it from a different point of view because you know you get those awesome type of people who act like they're naturally high (but in a good hyper way).

Annie is close to your first name?? thats so kwl :)

TuffGurl said...
on Oct. 6 2010 at 5:22 am
this is really good. Usually all you here is "BEING DRUNK IS BAD. DON'T DO IT," and you never see what it's actually like for the people that favor it. I never want to get drunk, but it's interesting to see both sides. And poor Annie! And it's weird, because that's close to my first name....