Opposites attract? | Teen Ink

Opposites attract?

August 22, 2010
By BrittanyMSwartz PLATINUM, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
BrittanyMSwartz PLATINUM, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
30 articles 2 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
In this world of hate there has to be a light Be that light and spread some love Maybe this day the youth can make a difference, No more hate!" - Christofer Drew(nsn)


We all know the saying. The saying your teachers all told you since you learn about postive and negative magnets: opposites attract. Well let me just tell you something about that, the princess and the pauper boy thing is one word; BULLS***. Let me tell you why I don't believe in that stuff. It's a short story, but a story that i won't ever forget.

It was the summer of last year. The summer I stayed at my grandmother's house in California. It was the summer that changed everything. My whole life I believed in love, but I don't know anymore.

My grandmother lived in the poor part of California, the part where people shot one another. My parents refused to let me go till I was 18.

I flew from Flordia, to California in 5 hours and 20 minutes. I went from nice, amazing, manisons, to small, destroyed, town houses. My life flipped upside down. I couldn't understand why I went there, and I wanted to go back. Till I met him.

John. He was so cute, so nice, so funny. I fell for John. We spent every moment together, laughing, kissing, hugging. We were perfect.

We might of came from two different worlds but, we just lived the saying of opposites attract. I was the rich girl. He was the poor street boy. We were the modren day princess and the pauper.

Then, the day came. I walked over to his house, without notice, thinking everything was perfect. But I was wrong. I was completely wrong. There he was kissing her. Some slut off the street. My heart broke from that moment, and I had no band-aid to help heal it.

Since that day i still haven't return John's phone calls, text messages, emails, letters, and Facebook chat messages, and I stopped believing in love, and most of all I stop believing that opposites attract.