If my Heart could Burst chapt.2 | Teen Ink

If my Heart could Burst chapt.2

By xxjasmineibxx GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
xxjasmineibxx GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

3 words that describes life. It goes on. You can never be certain on how life will play out and you just have to wish on a star and hope for the best.

He then gave me a small smirk and leaned in to kiss me.

I didn't know what to do, I just hoped for the best and leaned in as well. Our lips eventually met, his were soft, lucious almost, I enjoyed this moment. I put my hands around his neck, his were around my waist, it made me feel so happy it was like I couldn't hear anything else that was going on around us, it was like we were floating on air, but somehow it felt wrong. We were best friends and now we were kissing? Our relationship would change if this got any further, so I decided to end it. I backed away slowly, knowing that I did the right thing.
"I'm sorry...I-"He apologized but I interuppted him
"Don't be sorry. It was... good." Good?!?!? Try AMAZING! I saw a hint of blush in Dylan's cheeks and I blushed too.
"Uhh okay then, I'm not sorry." He laughed as did I.
"Well, I-I better be going home...My mom's an emotional wreck after, you know...The departure and she doesn't know I'm here... Bye, text me later."
"Ohh okayy I will... Bye" I grabbed my sketch pad, turned around and started walking slowly. I wanted one more kiss so badly, I decided to take a chance and kiss his cheek, so I turned around to see him watching me. He blushed, and put that innocent face of his on, scratching the back of his head. I walked back to him and pecked his cheek. This made him smile, it was my turn to apologize "Sorry" I said.
"Don't worry about it."
"Kay, well I'm gonna head home... Bye, for real this time"
"Okay, bye" I took my sketch pad once again and headed out of the park, butterflies in my stomach, I felt dizzy. As soon as I was a block away from the park, I began running, I had to get home. I ran and ran when I heard a voice call out to me. I abruptly stopped in my tracks to look for who was calling me, it was Ryan. Crud, I made a complete fool of myself right now. "Hey speedy" He said grinning, I smiled and walked towards him.
"Funny, but I really gotta get home..."
"Aww, you can't stay, come inside?"
"I don't know... lemme ask... One sec." Should I go to his house or not? I thought while getting my phone out. I had the LG Vu, I loved the phone, and I had gotten it the week before. I texted my mom that I was going over to a new neighbor's house and that I had been at the park, met up with him and I'm gonna help him unpack. I then turned back to face Ryan and told him I would have to wait for a response.
"Okay, well you can come in while you wait."
"Yeah, I guess." We walked in and I saw a vaguely familiar setting of his house, it felt like my own, except he had a leather living room couch on which we were sitting on.
"So, are you and that Dylan kid, like together...?"
"What do you mean?"
"Like, are you two, a couple perhaps?"
I got nervous when he asked that question. "Well, umm I don't...think so."
"...Think so?"
"Well, yeah long story that I really don't wanna talk about." I felt my face turn red.
"Oh ok... You want anything?"
"No, I'm fine. Thanks though"
"No prob."
"So do you need help unpacking? I kinda told my mom that was what we were gonna do."
"Well, I have a little. Might as well get it over with, after all we don't want to make you a liar."
"Right..."
"Follow me, we're goin to my room"
"Kay" We walked upstairs and into a room that looked similar to mine, except a dark blue. "Nice room so far" I complimented.
"Thanks, I just started though."
"No prob. So what else do you need to unpack?"
"Just a few boxes, 4 of em', so we both can have 2."
"Sounds good." I got 2 boxes as did Ryan and began to open it.
"If you need any help, just ask me."
"Okay..." It was quiet for a while, so I broke the silence. "Where's your parents?"
"Ohh they went out to eat, I wasn't hungry."
"Ohh, okay..."
I couldn't believe after just kissing Dylan I was with Ryan, unpacking his stuff. This made no sense. I glanced over at Ryan, he's pretty darn hot, all the girls will be on him when he comes to school, he wouldn't care about me anymore if he even did like me. He was the complete opposite of Dylan. He had blonde hair which was pretty straight, but wavy at the same time and bright blue eyes. I sighed.
"What's the matter?" He asked.
"Just thinking something over" I hesitated to say, I wouldn't tell him anything of what happened so far, and he would never find out, ever.
"Ohh, what was it you were thinking of?"
Of course he would ask that. "Something for me to know and for you not to find out."
"Ahhh, I see..." He paused to look at me to try and contemplate something.He said, "Will this take your mind off of what you thinkin bout'?" He then leaned in and kissed me. I was in wide shock and a little confused. His hands ran through my hair and was messing it up, but I allowed it. I assumed he enjoyed the kiss or else he would've stopped, so I decided to enjoy it while it lasted as well, after all when we went to school he would be consumed by all the other girls in our grade. I put my arms around his neck and after a minute or so going down to his chest. I couldn't help but think of Dylan, if only he knew right now what I was doing after kissing him, I went to Ryan for more? I couldn't possibly tell him that I kissed Ryan and I hope Ryan won't tell him either. My hands lay on his chest and that's when I got a text. I hesitated as I backed away. "Uhh sorry." I managed to say. As I took my phone from my pocket, it was my mom saying to come home, now.
"No, I'm sorry. I should've never started it..." He replied.
"Well, I guess I'll see you at school or something...I gotta go, my mom."
"Oh, alright then, I'll be there tomorrow. Bye Nicole."
"Bye, Ryan"
I ran downstairs and out the door, for what reason did my mom want me to come home, it was 6:28 p.m. I would usually come home at 8 or 9 the latest. I ran down the block to my house and opened the door to see my mom, dad, and Margaret. I went to where they were sitting and sat by my mom. "What the h*ll are they doing here?" I asked my mom. I wanted to smack Margaret because she was wearing an outfit that showed too much for her age of 40. She looked like an older Caitlynn (She was the "popular" girl at Ember Oaks, and she wore revealing shirts and short mini skirts, everyone thought she was hot but she was really just a tramp in makeup because she was too ugly to refrain from it. I know that may sound harsh but I don't care) and she took my dad away, but I knew I had to hold in my anger and keep calm.
"We're here to take you home." My dad stated.
"Home? I believe I'm home already, I'm not going anywhere, and you're not gonna make me." I said rather rudely, but confidently. Home? I was never going to move in with them. They were constantly in my nightmares, they were bad people.
"Yes, home you're moving in with Margaret and I."
"No, I'm not, I'm staying right here with mom, I'd rather die than live with you."
"Don't be like that, Nicole. You're going with your dad and that's that" My mom said.
"UGH!" I yelled as I ran up to my room, and locked the door. I didn't want to talk to them at all, and I definately didn't want to live with them. Besides even if I left, what would I do with Dylan and Ryan? What would become of my mom? My brother? She would be lonely, and why had she even agreed to this? Or did she? I had too many thoughts running in my head which caused a headache to form. I went into the bathroom that was attatched my room to get aspirin. I looked in my mirror that was slightly cracked from when my dad had gotten out of hand drinking and beat me. The bruises he gave me healed. It was about a year ago when he did that. I heard a sound coming from my room which broke my thoughts and I was curious. I slowly opened my dooro and walked towards it, and I couldn't believe what I saw.

This is my 2nd chapter to my series If my Heart could Burst. Enjoy and tell me what I need to improve!

this is a great story cant wait to more form you!!!!!

candy:)