Facebook Romance Part 3 | Teen Ink

Facebook Romance Part 3

May 8, 2010
By Ampersand GOLD, Mount Desert, Maine
Ampersand GOLD, Mount Desert, Maine
12 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"RedVines! What the hell can't they do?"


"Um...well.." I have no idea what to say. He has just confessed his love to me and I have no idea what to say. See, I have this illusion of what love is, and I have always seen myself accepting people asking me out graciously, happily. But he does not fit my idea of love and dating at all. So I am thinking, do I say yes to be nice or do what I want to?
He stares at me, waiting, and I glance from side to side, avoiding his gaze. But soon he tires of my stalling and gently takes my head in his hands. I simply stare, dumbfounded that he would have the nerve to touch me. I look into his unblinking eyes and see something behind them that frightens me. A fire, a passion untameable by any extinguisher. I have never seen this in the eyes of anyone before, and I am so amazed and terrified by it that I do not register how close those eyes are to my face until I feel his lips on mine. His eyes close and he pulls me closer to him. I fight back as hard as possible, finally kicking him in the groin to make him let go. He groans and releases me. I jump back and stare in terror at him.
"What the hell was that?" I shout at him. "Did you think that practically raping me would make me want to go out with you? You are crazy. No, is the answer. I will not ever go out with you." His face shows a flicker of pain, deep internal pain for just a moment, then it switches to a hard mask.
"Well, if you won't go out with me, we're just gonna have to this the hard way," he growled and came towards me. But this time I am not frozen with terror. I scream as loud as I can and run away from the field, away from him, and keep running until I get to study hall. I pick up a random textbook and pretend to study until school is over, then I take the bus home. I act normally at home, eating, laughing, doing homework, and then going to bed.
But his eyes never leave my mind.


The author's comments:
And the plot thickens...