Don't Kiss Me | Teen Ink

Don't Kiss Me

March 21, 2010
By RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey
RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey
56 articles 0 photos 86 comments

Many people believe in "the perfect ending" or the "perfect moment"... Even the "perfect person" but in reality no matter how hard you look... you will never find anything perfect. In reality perfect is just fantasy or a dream...

It all started as I walked on the sidewalk in a brimful area. I was cornered side to side by people. It were as if I was in a maze as I attempted to pass groups of people. I tried to make a run for it, hoping that if I ran fast enough I would gallop out of the crammed area. As I skidded on the sidewalk, I tripped over someone's shoe. Luckily as I fell, I felt two soft, gentle hands slowly pick me up. My hands were tightly gripped around his shirt. As I slowly arose, I felt his smooth six-pack touch my stomach. I felt my heart beating fast, as if each beat were a bullet. Then as we came face to face I saw his sparkling blue eyes and messy brown hair. It seemed as if all my thoughts flew out of my mind as I stood there just staring at him...

It felt like a refreshing breeze as he opened his mouth, then closed it, as if he too were speechless. Then he reopened his mouth and mumbled, "Careful..." I immediately started to beg for his forgiveness. He then started to chuckle. "It's fine," he reassured me. Then broke out with a tiny grin. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Belle...What's yours?" I blurted out. My cheeks felt as if they were burning red.

His voice sounded as if it were a soothing tone as he replied, "Dylan." We both started to talk for a little...but I didn't want to get to close...

"Well, nice meeting you..." I whispered. Then I slowly drifted towards the other direction. I didn't want to leave but I knew if I would stay he would be in great danger...

As I slowly stepped in towards the crowd of people, I heard Dylan shriek, "Wait!" I rolled my eyes yet at the same time, I wanted him... I turned back to see his sparkling blue eyes pulling me towards him. "Would you...Um I mean... Would you like to go out for dinner tonight?" Dylan announced awkwardly. His voice seemed to echo around the street and it seemed as if everyone stopped walking. Everyone's eyes were staring directly at me. I froze and my whole body seem shake. I was breathing hard...

I finally answered by nodding my head up and down. "Great, I'll meet you at 8:00, tonight, right here." Dylan responded satisfied. I just continued nodded my head. Then he slowly turned around and disappeared into the mist of the crowd.

I was still un -numbing from the everything that happened today...As people kept pushing by past me. "What have I done? I mean I do like him...Actually more than just liking him but was it worth getting him into all of this danger...Maybe I can date him but I must resist... "

***********************************

I looked at my reflection to see a slim and tall girl staring back at me. I was wearing a red dress that went down to my knees. The dress seemed to compliment my figure. Then I stared down at my long curly blond hair. I wanted to look perfect...

I looked outside the window to see a yellow taxi that awaited me. I spurted down the creaky steps and went out the back door. A bearded man opened the yellow door and I slowly settled down on the leather seat. "Where are you going to", the taxi driver questioned.

"5th Ave, New York City." I answered. I stared out the window to see the bright sun swelling many different color. Then I heard the wheels of the taxi crushing the gravel. My eyes slowly shuttered closed as if they were curtains...

My eyes opened up to see a darkened street. Only one flashing light could be seen. "This is your stop." The bearded taxi driver said. I slowly opened the taxi door to see the once crowded street abandoned. Not a single sound could be heard just the sounds of the cars speeding by...The cold breeze made me shutter.

"Hey," someone welcomed me in a friendly voice. I turned around to see a man with nice brown hair that was parted. This man was muscular even in his husky suit .

" Hi Dylan." I grinned at him as we slowly started to walk on the abandoned street in New York.

We slowly came to a stop to see cars zooming there way by. As we stood there , waiting for the light to turn green, he slowly grabbed my hand. I tightened my hand against his and then put my head on his cushioned shoulder. Suddenly the light turned green, and we slowly rushed to the other block.

This block seemed to be full of life, with all the restaurants and people swarming on the street. Dylan pointed to a restaurant on the corner of the block and then opened the restaurant door for me. As I walked in, I looked around to see many clothed tables. I could smell the chicken teriyaki as a waiter passed by holding a platter of food and placed it on a table.

"A table for two?" A waiter asked. We nodded and the waiter lead us to a private booth area. The waiter placed two menus on the clothed table and walked away leaving us alone...

I slowly sat down on one side of the booth and Dylan went the to the other side. We stared at each other for a moment and then Dylan said, "So you're a freshman in college."

"Yeah, you are too? " I asked.

"Yea, what college do you go to?" He asked. I smiled at him, just being with him made me feel safe...yet I didn't want to feel this way with him. I then responded to him by saying that I go to Stanford University.

"Really, all the way from San Francisco, and what brings you to New York?" Dylan asked.

"Well, I'm visiting my mom and dad..." I also have a job interview...I mumbled, hoping he did not hear. " What college do you go to?" I questioned.

"I go to NYU. But wait, you said something about a job interview..."

"Yeah...I'm interviewing for a bunch of jobs to be an accountant." I lied. I hated to lie especially to him but I had no choice There were so many things I wanted to tell him but if I did he would be in great danger. "Maybe I shouldn't lie besides either way I'm hurting him..."
"Really, that's awesome. I want to do something in business, but I don't know exactly what I want to do yet....But that's great that you are trying to get a job." Dylan seemed to adore the fact that I was trying to get a job as an "accountant." In fact the more he talked about it, the more my heart sank. "How long can I keep going with these lies....Until he finds out the unbearable truth."
The rest of the night seemed to go well. It seemed as if we were both a perfect match. In fact we both were so compatible with each other. Dylan made me feel like I could say anything or do anything and he wouldn't think any worse of me; In fact, he thinks I am perfect. I was filled with joy when Dylan was with me as I sat and stared at him. In fact I didn't even notice the chicken teriyaki that sat right in front of me...
Everything seemed perfect...That was until Dylan slowly got up to pull a large cloth in front of us. Now it seemed as if we were all alone in a private area yet if the curtain was to be pulled back we would be seized with reality and be seen by a dozen of people in the restaurant. Dylan moved into my side of the booth. His arms wrapped around my waist. Little droplets of water seemed to slowly go down my scalp. Dylan's face slowly moved closer towards mine. I slowly nudged him away from me...
"Do you not feel the connection between us?" He asked.
"No, I do, it's that..."
"Oh," Dylan sighed, "I see...You don't feel that way do you?" He looked down to the ground as if he did not want to hear the responds.
"I do!" I cried. Tears swelled down my face.
"Then kiss me!" He cried. Our lips quickly touched and then my tongue slid down his mouth. I felt are tongues collide. Everything disappeared... My stomach seemed to drop...I knew it was too late. As are mouths disconnected, I saw a huge grin appeared on his face. Then Dylan turned pale as paper and his lips turned red as blood. It seemed as if lipstick was all over his mouth yet I wasn't wearing lipstick... His head slowly dropped onto the cold marble table. I put my hand on his chest but there was no heart beat. Dylan was gone....
I just stared at him not knowing what to do or say. "I knew this would happen" I thought to myself. "I should have told him...I should have told him that I was cursed with these poisonous lips . I should have told him I was going for a job interview with a guy who works with people like me!!!! I should of told him...But I didn't..." Tears strolled down my cheek. "I thought I could resist him but I wanted more than anything... I should have never went out with him..."
I looked at the empty booth in front of me. "What am I going to do...They are going to find out I killed him. I can't run away...I have to stay until they open up the curtains and find the hideous truth about me and my poisonous lips...