For the Girl | Teen Ink

For the Girl

February 25, 2010
By Jetsrock10210 SILVER, Briarcliff, New York
Jetsrock10210 SILVER, Briarcliff, New York
7 articles 0 photos 14 comments

The chill of the night air made her breath appear before me, dancing gracefully as though it were alive. Her broken eyes gleamed in the faint glow of the moon. Her cheeks bore the skid marks of the tears that had already fallen. I held her close and felt her body shiver beneath mine. Nothing was said for quite some time, for everything we needed was right before us.

She slowly moved out of my embrace, and said shakily “why does she have to be such a b****? I mean I’m always there for her, and sometimes she treats me as though she doesn’t even care.”

“I know,” I replied. This is the fifth time she had told me about this, and it was getting a little old. “Relax,” I thought, “just being here with her is enough.”

“I mean why do you think she does it?”

“I don’t think she realizes that she’s hurting you. Listen we all love you, and any harm that we cause to you is always unintended.”

“Maybe,” she replied indignantly. She rested her head on my shoulder, her eyes were beginning to clear, and that smile that I longed to see slowly returned to her face. And as I held her close to me, our bodies caked in moonlight I knew that there was no place I would rather be.