Because I love you | Teen Ink

Because I love you

By Lovestonedloser GOLD, Orlando, Florida
Lovestonedloser GOLD, Orlando, Florida

If your always looking down, you'll never see the beauty of the stars.

The full moon cast a silver glow on the ground under it; the twinkling stars were alluring as can be, like tiny white diamonds gracing the sky.
I lie awake in my bed despite this soothing nightfall; I wait for him with my accelerated heart beat my personal lullaby.
I graze my lower lip with my teeth as I shift my eyes to the open window; the mid November wind swirled the air inside my room, making my bangs blow in front of my face, It was cold out to have my window open but I would rather be frostbitten then risk turning him away tonight.
I shivered and cuddled up with the red and black quilt I pulled from my closet and waited for the coming night; the days activities got to me and I felt my eyelids become hard and heavy as stone. They slowly closed and everything around me was silent; I tried to snap myself awake but the slumber suffocated me until I was paralyzed with sleep.
I don’t know how long I laid there; my brain piece by piece started to shut down all over and the images of the coming dream came forward.
It was one of those dreams that you just knew it was a dream; The clouds surrounded the area like large fields of ice; the atmosphere was comforting, not too hot and not too cold, just right. The air smelled sweet; like walking threw a garden on the first day of spring.
I looked down and the confusion washed over me; I wore a white dress that ruffled down to my knee cap, it glittered in the bright light and was flattering to say the least.
My hair hung over my shoulders gracefully; I looked forward and seen the long path in front of me, what stood before me…was a brick road, the major color being white but the outline of each stone was a different color, Blue, red, green, orange and all the others too.
Right as I swung my left foot forward to step onto the mysterious path; I felt a sharp, burning pain in the side of my neck, jolting me out of a dead sleep.

I gasped as my eyes flashed open to see my attackers figure ahead of me, His broad shoulders pinning my hands above my head, his blonde hair falling over his eyes as he continued to drink, before to long I felt the pleasure wash over me and I smiled.
“You could of just asked”
He pulled back and wiped his mouth on the shoulder of his shirt; the red liquid shined in the darkness, He smiled and his pale blue eyes found mine
“And what fun would that of been?” He ripped open his own wrist; causing the blood to drop on the chest of my cami top and held it to my lips “drink, heal, you know the drill by now”.
I sighed and pushed my lips forward and drank the red liquid as it flowed; I felt my neck tingle and then the familiar pure bliss before he softly withdrew it and before my eyes the open wound healed. He wore a smug grin as he kept my hands pinned above my head, he brought his lips down to my neck where the newly healed wound was and kissed softly.
“And I’m the vampire?” he chuckled and pressed his lips to my jaw and then too my lips, brushing them against mine making my mouth water in anticipation.
“You are” I smiled and pushed myself forward; connecting his lips to my own and wiggled my arms free of his grasp so they could hold him closer.
He released his restraint and gently collapsed onto my body; laying his head on my chest. He sighed happily and one of his hands found my own.
“I missed you” I mumbled using my free hand to stroke his hair back; his eyes were closed
And his breathing was shallow, which meant he was relaxed.
“I missed you too love” his hand squeezed my own and he shifted slightly so that his head was more comfortably laid and also allowed his eyes to meet my own.
“then why couldn’t you take me with you” I allowed myself to pout and he frowned; he freed his hand from mine and gently ran his fingertips down my cheek bone, causing me to smile “You know it would be too dangerous for you, I couldn’t risk it” he slipped his fingertips down my cheek, throat, chest to my torso where his hand now laid.
He chuckled hearing my heart beat accelerate once again and rubbed my stomach gently
“Why do you react so wildly” he hesitated and then shifted again so that his head rested by my neck, with a quick jolt we rolled us over so that our positions were reversed and I was now looking at the soft skin of his neck.
“Whenever I touch you, you go close to having a cardiac arrest, why?” he lifted my chin softly to look me in the eyes with a gentle smile. I felt the blood burn against my cheeks as I cuddled closer to him, just wanting to feel his body to mine, nothing else mattered right now.
“Because I love you” I stated as I kissed the skin of his neck and nuzzled my head against him. He chuckled and wrapped both his arms around my waist, resting one of his hands on my lower back. He gently ran his fingertips down my spine repeatedly, causing the warmth to spread throughout my body.
“As I love you” he sighed happily and kissed my forehead gently.
“Forever?” I questioned as I brought my face away slightly to look him in the eyes, his smile faded but his eyes remained soft, his hands found my waist and hoisted me up so I would be perfect eye level with him, he kept his arms around me and bit his lower lip.
“And always my love, for the rest of my eternal night shall I love you” and with that he snaked his hand to the nape of my neck and crashed his lips to mine in a passionate kiss..

on Mar. 9 2010 at 3:38 pm
Acalleq PLATINUM, Togiak, Alaska

you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have

do i know you? 2009? anch.?

on Mar. 1 2010 at 4:35 pm
PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

I AGREE!!! This is THE GREATEST!!! Keep Writing... I love this.... It made me think of Twilight and House of Night combined... FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

on Feb. 25 2010 at 10:31 am
BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

A Kiss is a lovely trick,designed by nature to stop word when speech becomes superflous.

YEAH !!!But pending better turn into approved.I think.

on Feb. 23 2010 at 9:22 pm
BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

MAKE ANOTHER ONE!!!!

on Feb. 23 2010 at 9:21 pm
BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

You know what Im going to say...I have 2 comments to make up.

on Feb. 17 2010 at 5:47 pm
BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

A comment to my Comment.I didnt really notice Grammer,I think you have to pay close attention to that to notice it.Like really hard.And I just wanted to read it.I still love it.As you see I came back to read it again.Lol.

on Jan. 26 2010 at 11:24 pm
mercantile BRONZE, New Gloucester, Maine
I have nothing against vampire stories as a concept, but without even reading the description it was very apparent that this was about that particular brand of nocturnal creatures. As a spin off Twilight, this works, but without more context, it doesn't necessarily stand on its own. You have a solid grasp of what you're doing, and I think you should really own that. However, if I was to give you one piece of advice it would be: grammar, grammar, grammar.

on Jan. 24 2010 at 9:26 pm
BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

OH MY GOD!!!!!

That's all i can say.I swear that was...ahmazing.You should give that to Ms.Jana its really good.

PS I hate you.lol