Another Night. | Teen Ink

Another Night.

By live.love. BRONZE, Canton, Ohio
live.love. BRONZE, Canton, Ohio

As I lay in bed watching the time tick away from another restless night, I marvel at the person next to me. His chest rises and falls as I listen to the systematic beating of his heart in my ear. His brown skin is warm to the touch of my cheek rested on his chest. Thick arms are strongly wound to me, anchoring our bodies together for the night. I smile at how he looks with his hair in tousles and dreams floating through his head. Chocolate brown curls cascade over our pillow we share and I wonder how he got so lucky. When I move to get comfortable in his arms he gently stirs and opens his eyes. “Baby, what are you doing up? Can't sleep again?” he asks sleepily. I shake my head no wearily as I respond, “No I'm alright!”. He brushes back my hair and sweetly kisses my forehead and layed back to go to sleep once more. I took one last minute to look at the one I'm most greatful for in life before I too fell asleep.

This was just a little something i wrote when i was thinking...hope its not too bad:] thank you for all your input..

on Mar. 27 2010 at 11:13 pm
live.love. BRONZE, Canton, Ohio
omg thanks so much;]

on Mar. 27 2010 at 8:29 pm
dancerforlifex GOLD, Monson, Massachusetts

The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.

How sweet! Love it :)