Another Night. | Teen Ink

Another Night.

December 16, 2009
By live.love. BRONZE, Canton, Ohio
live.love. BRONZE, Canton, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 20 comments

As I lay in bed watching the time tick away from another restless night, I marvel at the person next to me. His chest rises and falls as I listen to the systematic beating of his heart in my ear. His brown skin is warm to the touch of my cheek rested on his chest. Thick arms are strongly wound to me, anchoring our bodies together for the night. I smile at how he looks with his hair in tousles and dreams floating through his head. Chocolate brown curls cascade over our pillow we share and I wonder how he got so lucky. When I move to get comfortable in his arms he gently stirs and opens his eyes. “Baby, what are you doing up? Can't sleep again?” he asks sleepily. I shake my head no wearily as I respond, “No I'm alright!”. He brushes back my hair and sweetly kisses my forehead and layed back to go to sleep once more. I took one last minute to look at the one I'm most greatful for in life before I too fell asleep.


The author's comments:
This was just a little something i wrote when i was thinking...hope its not too bad:] thank you for all your input..