My Silver Lining Part 5 | Teen Ink

My Silver Lining Part 5

By bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.

I silently walked through the halls of the hospital.

As I reached the curb of the street, I decided against signaling for a cab. I needed time to myself, and what better way than a walk?

I walked down Broadway, past all the couples who were holding hands casually.

I even walked past my apartment building.

I soon found myself stopped at a pond in one of the parks.

I sat down on one of the benches facing the pond and just examined.

I watched the ducks swim gracefully on their stomachs through the still water, causing the surface to ripple, not a care in the world.

The wind suddenly began to pick up. I heard a barely audible squeak.

I looked over. By the pond stood a beautifully carved whirligig.

It caught my attention, so I had to get a closer look at it.

The main part of it was of an angel dressed in a light pink robe, and short, curly brownish-red hair. Her wings were spread out and she was floating on clouds.

Two stars surrounded her, along with a purple heart.

Near the top was a bright sun.

I noticed the angel’s halo was painted the brightest shade of yellow. It was as if it was almost glowing.

I couldn’t help but feel complete comfort. I suddenly felt like I was going to get through this sudden tragedy.

I pulled out my cell phone and snapped a picture. I set it as my main screen, and then decided I needed to get home.

As I walked home, I pulled out the phone to look at the picture again.

Now looking at it for a second time, I had a feeling that someone was with me.

For some reason, it was like I knew he would wipe away my tears when I was down. I knew he would embrace me once again. And I knew he would catch me when I fall.

Thank you so much for reading my series of "My Silver Lining". I really appreciate it! Make sure to comment and rate, please.

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

P.S. please vote!! :)

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

“God, of your goodness, give me yourself; you are enough for me, and anything less that I could ask for would not do you full honour. And if I ask anything that is less, I shall always lack something, but in you alone I have everything”

You are sooooo welcome. I think you should definately keep going with this. Ill keep you posted! :)

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Omg!! Thank you so much!! I'm so happy that you're here to help me with this, and your ideas are wonderful!! Yeah, this was kind of the short story version of this series. I just wanted to get it into a short story to kind of get an idea of what it would be like, and to get feedback on if it was a good idea or not. So, now that I know that you like the whole idea of the story, I will start writing the longer version of it. I've never written a "novel" or book, so I will experient with it and see if I could write it to make it long enough for a "book". Wish me luck! If I do end up writing and finishing my long version, I will definately let you know, but to forewarn you, it will take a little while. I have no idea how long it will take, so I will just keep you updated, and I WILL use you're suggestions and tips that you left me. Thank you so much, and make sure to keep ME updated on YOUR stories, because I always love reading them! Thanks again!

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

Okay i read all of the series! First off, i love the title. It is perfect. I think you could combine all 5 parts to make it more of a short story because it isnt super long. I love the uplifting message. I'm a big fan of lessons and encouraging themes, so I'll give you props for that! Hmm...what else? Talk about the characters more. I want to fall in love with the character, feel her pain, triumph in her success, and wallow in her sorrow. I need to feel attached to her, so that i will be captivated with her story and therefore, her growth. This is a really great idea and storyline. The plot could unfold slower, build more suspense or something. Everything comes very fast, so that's what makes it a SHORT story. If you were going for more of a series, make everything longer with: more descriptions about who the characters are, the surroundings, their past, their feelings, their thoughts, and what is going on in the story. My biggest suggestion is elaboration. I like how you wrote the story in past tense. I enjoyed the part about the angel, that was creative and inspiring. Overall, I think you did a very good job. You have lots of talent that can be brought out and improved. GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB! Keep writing and practicing(: