Untitled yet | Teen Ink

Untitled yet

November 14, 2009
By FashionGuru DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
FashionGuru DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
55 articles 0 photos 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't do fashion, I am fashion." -Coco Chanel


“A guy like what?” a voice came from behind. We turned and saw Drew and I immediately blushed. He was indeed gorgeous.

“I didn’t mean…” I said.

“Yes, you did. I know you did. And sure, I can be a jerk. But for God’s sake, you don’t even know me! Who do you think you are Elle Rogers?” he asked, getting closer to me. Peter backed away from the two of us.

“I’m going to go,” he said, pointing to his house. I shot him a desperate look but he turned and ran towards his house, across the deep green yards.

“I’m sorry if you heard that.”

“You don’t think that I’ve heard bad things about myself?” he asked. “Of course I have. But never by someone whom I only just met.”

“I’m opinionated.”

“That’s not always a good thing.”

“You’re right. It rarely is.”

Drew smirked again. I was really starting to hate that smirk. “You know, you might make more friends if you’re weren’t so cocky all the time.”

“Oh, I would, would I?”

“Yeah,” I shot back. “Like right about now that could stop.”

Drew smiled, but this time it was honest. “Sorry. Bad habit.”

“You’re passing off sarcasm as a habit?”

“And you’re passing off being opinionated as a trait?” I laughed openly at this. He had a semi funny side that I found endearingly charming.

“Guess you’re not that bad,” I said.

“Same to you,” Drew smiled. “Hey want to hang out sometime? Other than in the middle of the street?” I looked and a black Mercedes was making it’s way towards us. We shifted to the sidewalk by my house.

“Sure, I’d like that,” I said, smiling. How had I gone from hating this cocky guy to interested in him? The humor? The looks?

“Here’s my number,” he said, pulling out a golden sharpie and beginning to write it on my upturned palm.

“Thanks. What are you going to say when I call?” I asked coyly. I expected a semi funny, kind of cocky answer that most boys would say. Instead, I was surprised for a second time that day.

“I’ll wait for you.”


The author's comments:
This is coming from my unfinished manuscript. It's just a short part that I want to see if people like. Please comment!! You'll help me with my final novel :)