I Still Remember | Teen Ink

I Still Remember

By Maria Diaz SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Maria Diaz SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

do you remember that night when we went outside and watched the oranges, yellows, blues, and reds fade into gray and navy? do you remember when we walked through the fields of gold and green, barefoot and sticky and smelling of sickly sweet honey? do you remember when your voice, timid and warm like molasses, gave way to ringing laughter? do you remember when your whitewashed blue eyes were downcast and your feet were slightly turned into each other, sadness hanging like a heavy cloud all around you? do you remember when you dreamt of the endless expanse of the galaxy, and you felt more lost and small than you had in years? do you remember when i told you that you were infinite, took your wrists, and dropped kisses on every scar? do you remember when the steel walls were up, and you looked at me and said, “let me see you cry”? do you remember when i blinked rapidly the first time i saw you, and how my eyes burned as i likened staring at you to staring at the sun? do you remember our first kiss, slow and awkward and eager? do you remember the trembling of your fingers, and how they curled into fists when you tried not to hold my hand? do you remember the brush of my eyelashes against your temple, fluttering and rapid? do you remember when we felt so in love that not even the monsoons we laid ourselves out in could destroy us? do you remember our disintegration, subtle and painful and foreign? do you remember the night we said goodbye, our lips pursed together instead of against each other?

i remember.

this was really random...sort of inspired by the song "i still remember" by bloc party. enjoy.

on Sep. 15 2011 at 1:03 am
dancer11srubin GOLD, Long Grove, Illinois
this was so good, I've never been in love but I could almost feel what it must've been like

on Jun. 21 2011 at 2:30 pm
devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii

Dont tell me sky is the limit when there are footsteps on the moon !

Woah!
THis was awesome...
I loved the way you wrote it. It was "beautiful"
Really nice ! :)

on Jan. 16 2011 at 5:54 am
alwer299 BRONZE, Florence, Massachusetts
1 article 1 photo 27 comments

when in doubt, eat chocolate.-me
fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters, who bring you things you never asked for, and don't always like.

- Lemony Snicket

that is soooooooo good. i loved they way it was written and how i didn't really have a happy ending but it still felt like the right ending.

on Jun. 10 2010 at 12:16 pm
starfishgurl BRONZE, Dgsdfh, Mississippi
i absolutely loved it. love, love, loved it! it was sad but beautiful. i nearly cried (i know i can get a little too rapped up in a story). anyways, i thought it was amazing. you have such talent. :)

on Nov. 26 2009 at 7:10 pm
Love the short story. Funny it actually sounded like a song while I read it.

The last line about their lips,though,is really sad.

on Oct. 20 2009 at 5:26 pm
live.love. BRONZE, Canton, Ohio
very unique way of writing...loved it

on Oct. 14 2009 at 9:52 pm
KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

This is so bittersweet! Love IT! :)

on Oct. 14 2009 at 12:24 pm
:( good though!!1 i loved it sorry about your..loss i guess.. :p i didnt know how to put it

mkdixie said...
on Oct. 12 2009 at 9:58 pm
mkdixie, Ashland, Ohio
That was so cute. You should change it just slightly so it reads like a poem more, that would be so cute. I like it though :)

on Oct. 9 2009 at 8:59 pm
SugarnSpice SILVER, Aurora, Colorado

"A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets."-Titanic

That was a good story! It was sweet.