A deep Secret | Teen Ink

A deep Secret

By JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina
JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina

I think my favorite quote is
"Would you rather me tell you the truth and make you sad or lie and make you happy".

CHAPTER 1

I brushed a strand of hair from my face and looked at my watch ,it was 5:20 and soccer practice started at 5:30.
I looked at the parking lot and saw cars coming in.
I turned and ran to my dad. "Kids are coming now Dad".
My dad nodded his head then said to me, "Go ahead and take out the soccer balls".
I ran to do what he said when I saw a hot red truck park into the parking lot. I turned the oppisite direction and quickly grabbed the soccer balls.
"Here you go" I muttered. I guessed I looked as strained as I felt because my dad took one look at me and asked me "Leah are you alright".
I shook my head yes "I'm fine I...I was just taken by surprise by something--what would you like me to do" I added.
"All the kids are lined up so just toss the the ball and let them kick it into the goal".
I nodded and ran back to the field. I smiled at all the six and seven year olds.
"Hey everybody ya'll ready to kick some soccer balls?" I asked.
The little kids shook there heads yes and lined up, I looked around. "Does anybody know where Andy is?"
The kids shook there heads no when I saw him coming.
I waved my hand "Hey Andy" I called. Six year old Andy Wright came running up to me.
"Hey Leah" he said shyly. I bent down and he gave me a high five "Are you ready for soccer Andy". He shook his head yes.
"Well then" I said in a british accent "You best get yor' little bahootie in the back of the line".
He giggled and ran to the back of the line. I laughed silently and stood up.
I stiffened immediately as I saw a couple sit on the grass right by the field.
I turned my back on them and started tossing the ball to the kids.
Now you might be wondering why I was acting rude, why I was at soccer practice, and most of all who I was.

My name is Leah Black and I am seventeen years old, I am 5'4 and skinny. My hair is deep black and my eyes are ( as some people say) lightning blue, whatever that is.
My dad is a soccer coach for the six and seven year olds. I had been playing soccer for five years and decided to have a break and be an assistance coach.
The couple I had just ignored was some people I knew. There names were Jacob Wright and Madaline Mitchell.
To make a long story short I knew Jacob from soccer and I have had a big crush on him since my first year of soccer.
He wasn't a popular kid but everybody loved him. He was a 6 foot soccer player.
With short, and little spiky, black hair and warm brown eyes.
He had a smile for everybody and just being around him made you warm up... like your on personnal sun.
Anyway the witch--I mean girl with him is what everybody would say was my rival.
Madaline Mitchell, for some reason has hated me ever since I had moved to North Carolina. I never figured out why but the school rumor was that she was jealous of me, don't know why but thats what I heard.
Anyway I had ten years of practice to hide my feelings from people so I didn't suspect anybody to know my true feelings for Jacob.
At any other time I probably would have gone over to say hi to them (Just to be around Jacob).
But unfortunently I was still mad at him for some trick he played on me.
I would have kept on with these thoughts but at that moment something hit me on the head and I blacked out
( To be continued)

on Oct. 14 2012 at 6:05 pm
Wordartist SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole thinking its stupid." -Albert Einstein

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............................................................................please

on Feb. 15 2012 at 1:34 pm
Goddess PLATINUM, Connellsville, Pennsylvania

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

i must know what happens next

on Jan. 2 2012 at 3:59 am
UnwantedNinja GOLD, Pretoria, Other

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

Give me more !!!!!

NKsunshine said...
on Oct. 28 2011 at 8:42 pm
This is good, I'd like to read the second part, keep writing(:

on Oct. 28 2011 at 8:26 pm
Imperfectlife SILVER, Rochester, New York

I would like to read more, it's good.

on Oct. 6 2011 at 7:52 pm
austenite77 GOLD, Appleton, Wisconsin

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do

I agree, I your a good writer, but you're jumping in the middle of the story to fast. I'd like to read the next part

on Sep. 14 2011 at 12:34 am
booklover104 BRONZE, Stockton, California

I have a couple of quotes i like... \"Success is not a doorway it\'s a staircase\"
2. \"Everything happens for a reason\"
3.\"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have\"-Thomas Edison

intriguing! =)

on Aug. 23 2011 at 9:13 am
russianreader BRONZE, Charlotte, Vermont

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best."

This is pretty good, but it seems really rough and kind of jumbled to read.

KellyR GOLD said...
on May. 27 2011 at 1:05 pm
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

I would slow down a bit! You have a good idea going here, but I think it needs details.

on Apr. 13 2011 at 10:52 pm
TheEclecticist BRONZE, Rhodes, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I like :) I can't wait to read more :)
And my boyfriend is a 6 ft soccer player so that makes this just that much better ;)

Sha Cha said...
on Apr. 13 2011 at 7:25 am
Love it...but where's the continuation.Can't wait

on Mar. 26 2011 at 2:24 pm

I think my favorite quote is

Thanks so much :) I really appreciate it

ace1897 SILVER said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 10:04 am
ace1897 SILVER, Pellston, Michigan

"boys are blue, girls are pink... we do not make purple :)"

i absolutely am in love with your writing style! you are great!

on Feb. 28 2011 at 8:49 pm
whateverjuliet BRONZE, Miami, Florida

true love never dies,it only gets stronger with time.

this storY beggining is realy good!! and very eye catching! and writingloverforever ill check out your story too! can yOU  guys check my poem out? its called superman , thanx!

on Feb. 6 2011 at 7:51 pm

I think my favorite quote is

Thanks! I'll take a look at your story.

on Feb. 6 2011 at 5:31 pm
WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio

It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

A great beginning to a story. I'm excited to read more. I'm in the process of writing a romance story myself. Could you check it out maybe? It's titled "When Love Happens" and I have posted the prologue and chapter one so far.

on Dec. 24 2010 at 10:33 am
m.ashley92 SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee

The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason,
-- over every idea.
Latin Proverb

it was an interesting story; really well written, but some of the writing seemed exactly like twilight

on Dec. 2 2010 at 9:48 pm
Gracious PLATINUM, Go Away, Kansas

"life sucks and then you die, yeah, i should be so lucky"

-Jacob, Twilight

I’m still that girl who falls when she runs, Getting back up, because falling is fun.

well written till te end. I dont think i didnt notice the stuff you stole from twilight in there!

on Sep. 6 2010 at 1:38 pm

I think my favorite quote is

thanks so much i already posted the next and everyon is asking for i'll try to post it soon

-Annie- BRONZE said...
on Sep. 5 2010 at 7:14 pm
-Annie- BRONZE, Greenville, Texas

"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is."

I loved it the story line -- but next time try and go with the flow a little more, you know? Just write, let the words form from your mind. That always helps! But I really, really liked it, and loved the cliff-hanger ending. ;D Add the next one soon. =]]