One to Remember  | Teen Ink

One to Remember 

May 23, 2023
By NateD714 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
NateD714 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There was a young man named Nate who lived in a town in Wisconsin called Hartland. Nate was a dreamer, and he often found himself daydreaming about far off places and exciting adventures since as a kid he never went on vacation somewhere. One day, Nate decided that he had enough of Wisconsin and its cold weather and decided to go on a trip to Hawaii. He had always been fascinated by the island’s beauty and culture, and knew that it was the perfect place to escape his dull life. 


Nate arrived in Hawaii, and the moment he stepped off the plane, he was struck by the beauty of the island. The warmth and fragrant, and the sound of the waves was soothing to his soul. Nate spent his days exploring the island, hiking through lush forests, swimming in the warm ocean, and trying new foods that are found all around the world. He even tried surfing for the first time, and loved the feeling of riding the waves as they weren’t the same as doing it from a boat on a lake at home. 


As he was in Hawaii, one day, Nate met a local Hawaiian Woman named Kai. Kai was gorgeous and charming, and Nate was immediately interested and drew his attention to her. They spent the day together, exploring other areas of the island as she showed him around more and shared stories about their lives. 


As the day came to an end, Nate and Kai watched the sunset together on the beach. They talked about their dreams and their hopes for the future, and Nate felt a deep genuine connection with Kai. Over the next few days Nate and Kai spent all their time together, exploring the island and falling in love. Nate knew that he had to return home soon, but he couldn't bear leaving Kai. 


On his last day in Hawaii, Kai took Nate to an undisturbed spot on the beach. She gave him a shell necklace and told him she loved him. Nate was overwhelmed with emotion and knew that he did fall in love with Kai too. The next morning, as Nate was leaving boarding the plane to return home, he knew that he would never forget his time in Hawaii or the love that he found there. He promised himself and her that he will come back some day and that she will be waiting for him when he does. 


Nate arrived back home, wondering what he should do with Kai, Either move to Hawaii or have her come live here in Wisconsin. As much as he loved Hawaii, Wisconsin is always his home and most closest to his heart. This is the place he’s always lived and he loves it. For the first month back home Nate and Kai just called each other over the phone talking back and forth about each others nights and how their day went.   


As they were talking Kai really wanted to come visit Nate in Wisconsin as she's never been there or seen snow ever. When she arrived she was shocked as she was not prepared for the snow and was quite nervous in the car driving back to Nate's house as he got her from the airport. The next morning, they planned to go skiing and snowboarding. He taught her and she caught on quickly as her balance was always good since she surfed. 


Kai instantly enjoyed the snow and Wisconsin as it was something she never experienced as she only really experiences one season her whole life as it doesn’t get cold in Hawaii. Nate tells  her she is in for a treat still since she still hasn't experienced the bitter chills of the wind and the tundra of the cold yet. Kai realizes she really likes it here and would indeed like to move here to be closer to him and live with him. Nate was ecstatic with the news and agreed that he wanted her to move here as he really wasn’t ready to leave the place he loved the most. A couple months later Kai finally moves to Wisconsin and is living with Nate. One decision to go on a vacation turned into a lifetime decision with someone else as Nate will always remember the first time he met Kai as the one to remember forever. 


The author's comments:

This is a fictional story I just came up with.