August 2022 Fiction Contest: Butterflies | Teen Ink

August 2022 Fiction Contest: Butterflies

By yoonachloe BRONZE, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
yoonachloe BRONZE, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

I was perplexed. Why’d I lie? My favorite movie wasn’t the Conjuring.
     "I love the Conjuring too!" Your orbs sparkled. "This is the first time I've met someone who also likes the Conjuring!" I couldn't help the corners of my mouth twitch up. 
     I felt heat rush to my face as you walked over. You tilted your head, and before I could say anything, you pressed a hand against my forehead. I jumped in surprise.
     "You're boiling, are you sick?" You exclaimed worriedly, and I stumbled across my words. "I don't think so..." I managed out. What was wrong with me?

I am a fifteen year old who really loves to write! Hope you enjoy! This is a submission for the 101 Word Story Contest! 

If the movie part is confusing, I read somewhere that when you have a crush on someone, you start to get interested in what they're interested in, or you say that you are interested.

Afra ELITE said...
on Aug. 19 2022 at 9:49 am
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

This was natural!!! Like the simplicity of it!!!
(I feel related to it especially because my favourite movie is the Conjuring...)

on Aug. 18 2022 at 8:46 pm
nooneatall BRONZE, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

I would die if that happened to me. I've had butterflies like that before and you do NOT want them to notice. Thank you for sharing this piece!