Love | Teen Ink

Love

By ckoulikourdis BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
ckoulikourdis BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Love. The attraction and strong feeling one may have for others. This small emotion that fills your body with pain and joy, is the reason most get up in the morning. Whether it's for a boyfriend, girlfriend, family member, pet, friend, and for some even an object. Everything branches off of love and it's the one thing that can help someone cope. People learn to love at such a young age that they may begin to depend on it. Water, you grow up drinking it and can’t live without it. You drink too much and become so bloated you almost feel sick. Well it's the same thing with love, too little and you feel empty, too much and you lose track of reality. Love can change one's perspective on the world whether it's good or bad. However, it has the power to break you and make you feel powerless and nonexistent. A relationship is based on love, loyalty, happiness and so much more. Although in the end it comes down to pain and heartbreak. The never ending thought of wanting someone to be a part of your life forever is more painful than the idea of them itself. 

Fairy Tales are misleading stories that make children believe in love, but in the end there is no real happily ever after. Just like if your story is similar to Cinderella's everything will go perfectly but in reality the shoe will never fit. Love is the reason most choose to live, but I think no matter how happy this person makes you feel, your life shouldn’t depend on it. No living soul should caringly choose to love because that means they're choosing heartbreak. It's not the aftermath of a break-up that will haunt you, it's the question of wondering if someone will ever like you. Love.