A Silly, Beautiful Princess | Teen Ink

A Silly, Beautiful Princess

By readingredhead33 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
readingredhead33 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

life sucks. then you die.

She is so beautiful. Graceful and elegant. My God I don't think I can stand it. Her hair, like a blond waterfall, falls perfectly over her shoulders as she descends the stairs. I can't stop staring.

She is finally at the bottom, right in front of me, smiling such a beautiful, breathtaking smile.

"Hello." she says so sweetly I was close to falling at her feet.

"Hello..." I barely murmur. She giggles. She points to the dance floor, couples twirling and spinning.

"Do you want to dance?" she asks. I look down at her. She's so small. She's like a little bird, but so much more beautiful.

"Uh, sure." I say, holding out my elbow for her to take. She smiles at me again, and put her arm through mine and we walk out to the dance floor.

The crowd watching us us we begin to dance. I can see people whisper about how we look together. The most beautiful princess and the most powerful prince in the land dancing together. Quite a sight.

I hear her giggle again. God, I could listen to her laugh all day.

"Something funny?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly.

She shakes her head. "It's just all these people watching us. I suppose I'm not use to it." she smiles again.

I chuckle at her. "You think people don't watch you?" I shake my head in disbelief. What a gorgeous, silly princess.

The princess blushes. "Well, I-" I stop her.

We're still dancing, quietly moving back and forth. People dance around us, but I don't notice them. All I see is the beautiful girl I'm holding in my arms.

"People watch you because your so beautiful." I say, surprisingly calm and sure.

That makes her blush even more.

"Thank you." she whispers. I laugh at her again.

"You don't think your beautiful?" I chuckle.

"No its not that," she protests. She looks down at our feet. "I just thought you didn't like me. You always seemed so quiet around me."

I blink. "I didn't like you?" I gasp. She nods, her eyes look sad. I felt like laughing at her, telling her how silly she was. I wanted to take her in my arms and hug her and kiss her soft pink lips, and tell her how much I love her, how much I've always loved her.

I shake my head again. "Oh no. No no no." I tell her. I look at her, taking in her face, her eyes, everything about her. I hold her chin in my hand, like I'm holding the most delicate flower ever. "I..I.." I gulp. "I love you, so much. I've always loved you, and I always will. I can't believe you thought I didn't like you!" I exclaim. Suddenly I stop breathing. What did I just do? Oh brother...

But then I see her smile, smile the most wonderful smile I've ever seen her wear. And her eyes are shining. Shining with happiness I feel my heart explode.

She looks back at me, and for awhile, we stare at each other. Then, with her soft small hands, she strokes my cheek. My skin is on fire.

"I love you too." she says quietly, almost a whisper. And then, in front of all the dancers, all the people in this room, she reaches up to my face, and kisses me. At first I'm shocked, my hands and lips froze, not knowing what to do. But the princess, her smell surrounds me, her lips move against mine, and I just can't resist. I kiss her back, and I feel like our happily ever after is just starting.

writer123 said...
This piece made me smile! Your wording is simplistic, yet beautiful. I hope you'll keep writing, because your really good!

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

A very nice piece. Not to long, or complicated, or detailed. Its perfect in its simplicity. I love it! Keep writing.

God bless,

...,