Stolen Love | Teen Ink

Stolen Love

By Ashleyclarke05 BRONZE, Anderon, Ohio
Ashleyclarke05 BRONZE, Anderon, Ohio

I can’t believe what has happened. It was never supposed to end this way. It all his fault -- that Romeo. I have been serving Romeo for longer than I can practically remember. I have been under him and doing everything he had ever told me to do, but he still betrays me like this. This all started when I first saw…. her. Oh, how beautiful she was. Her long brown hair, and fair skin. She just radiated when she passed you by. The smell of sweet dandelions and fresh daisies filled the air.  She was the definition of perfection; no one has ever seen one flaw. It wasn’t until the day that I saw her and Romeo, that I saw her one flaw. Her heart. How could she love such an arrogant and snobbish boy. Their love was forbidden, but he didn't care. Why did she have to fall for him. I loved her first. Romeo never knew of such thing but how could I tell him when he was my superior. I had always helped Romeo through all his heart breaks but he started falling for Juliet, my love for her had no chance of surviving.  Seeing their love wasn't the worst part. My pour Juliet, laying there, cold heart and no blood running through her quaint body. When I had to tell Romeo the news, I was more hurt than he ever could be. But, did I kill myself for her? NO! Now Romeo and Juliet are dead. Romeo should have died forever ago, so I could have Juliet all to myself. I'm not going to lie, I thought of killing him sometimes so that when Juliet found out her love had died, I could be the shoulder she wanted to cry on. Then we would “grieve” together and when she was over him because of my compassion and charm getting her through this heartbreak. She would fall in love with me. Everything would have worked out perfectly, but he killed myself too quick so I never got the chance. Romeo and Juliet are both dead. I could have had Juliet but Romeo got in the way ... once again. You know what, I’m glad he is dead. For one, he deserves it for all the pain he has caused me and both the Capulets and Montagues. For two, he and Juliet were never supposed to be together in life, so maybe this is a way of God saying that it was wrong for them to be together all along. For three, the most important of all, stealing someone's true love is the worst crime someone can commit. Rightfully punishable by death.

This piece is a twist on Romeo and Juliet from Balthasars point of view. 

Bella_Queen DIAMOND, Plymouth, Ohio

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
-Walt Whitman

Interesting spinoff!