Oh The Places We Could Have Gone | Teen Ink

Oh The Places We Could Have Gone

By ali_richardson342 BRONZE, Jenks, Oklahoma
ali_richardson342 BRONZE, Jenks, Oklahoma

"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it" - Marilyn Monroe

You were my best friend, we were so beyond inseperable it wasn't even possible to describe. But when people told you and I it would evenutally become more we would laugh and say not a chance!

Then it happened.

My boyfriend, Tommy Harris, convinced me to go to prom. But when I arrived ,you of course, in tow I saw Hayley Patterson kissing my Tommy right in front of everyone. Suddnely my hours of makeup and dressing no longer mattered, I ran out like the tale of my gown was on fire.

I collapsed against your van in a puddle of pitiful misery. We had been dating for 2 years tonight, what made him not want me anymore?

You came out a few minute later with a bloody fist and a black eye. You picked me up like a toddler and carried me to the car as I cried all over your uncle's tuxedo. Your old van rumbled to life as I curled up in the seat next to you, my body pressed flat against yours. We made it to my house within five minutes and again you picked me up. Depositing me on the couch you brought me a tub of ice cream and my favorite blanket. The music of Moana filled my ears and I felt a smile tug my makeup smeared cheek, I looked up at you as you wrapped an arm aorund my waist, not even attending to your wounds, and knew.

And as your face slowly lowered to mine and your soft lips touched my own I knew beyond certainty. You were so much more than just a best friend now.

I alwasy hoped this would ahppen to me, not the breakup part but having a best guy friend and it turning into so much more than just a friendship.

on Feb. 23 2021 at 3:09 pm
bearlover166 BRONZE, Altoona, Wisconsin

Wherever life plants you bloom with grace unknown
You're not his princess
You are your own queen
Nikita gill

CUTEEEEEE