Revenge | Teen Ink

Revenge

February 14, 2018
By Anonymous

“I am not a psychopath, Mr. Brewster…..Get me out of here now... NOW!” I demanded.
I escaped that isolated room which they held me in for years and years. All of the pain that I was feeling that day just escaped from me. I killed Mr. Brewster and sprinted towards the door. Sirens is all I remember. One after one. Annoying. Loud. As I was running to freedom, they started shooting at me and trying to trap me. When I turned the corner, there were lots of guards waiting for me. I fell to my knees, yelling at them, “GET AWAY!”’ Two guards came up to me, restraining me from trying to walk as I shook, trying to escape. All of this started like this.
November 17, 1992
Dear Molly,
It all started when I first met you. You weren’t like the other kids in our small town. That’s what made you stick out from the others. When we were at the park and you told me how everyone bullied you. That made our friendship stronger. I felt so bad for you, but it was time for me to go home and eat dinner.


As I was walking home, all I remember is hearing you scream. I didn’t pay attention to the noises, so I just kept walking. The day after we met at the park again, I saw the bruises you tried to cover up. I didn’t say anything at first, but the bruises kept distracting me cause they were so obvious. I finally said something to you about them. You told me how they beat you up and threw rocks at you, that made me think about my plan.


When I got home that night, I sat down at my desk and started planning. As I was sitting there, an idea came to mind. So I started writing it down. I finished my planning, and set the date for it to happen on November 17, 1989. Those 2 days before my plan was going down, I kept it a secret from you. I was ready for whatever happened to me. I didn’t go to the park that day. Midnight finally came, I snuck out the house.

As I was headed down St. Clark Drive, memories started coming back from all the scars and bruises you have. The things that they called you. Your parents ignoring them and not helping their daughter. That made me fierce. When I arrived at Tom’s house, he was home alone because his parents were on vacation. As I was watching him sleep for the last time. I felt joy for a moment. I poured out the gasoline around his house and threw the lighter onto it. I watched him burn and screaming for help. That moment was the best feeling in the world.


I started walking to Josh’s house with my knife ready. As I arrived he was just now going to sleep. I snuck in through his window and scared him awake. As he was gasping for air, I grabbed his tongue and sliced it off. No more talking for him. I laugh in his face, sticking my tongue out and teasing him. I felt like I was the king of the world.


One house left to go, and it is your house. I remember watching your parents ignoring you screaming for help. I had to start my plan sooner or later. As I was sneaking in through the back door I saw you walk into the bathroom. I knew you were headed to take a shower which made my plan even better. As I was creeping into your parents room I saw them asleep together. Is that what parents are supposed to look like? I didn’t know how this was going to workout good or bad. I was scared and froze up for a minute. I just stood there in the corner of your parents room shook. This was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. “THUD” I dropped the knife which woke up your parents. I try to run out of your house, but they’ve already busted me. I trip over the rug and fall facing your dad. They call the police, who were already on the hunt for the killing of Tom Jennings.

I am trapped. Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. I saw you rushing out of the shower down the stairs. When we looked into each others eyes it felt like I just loved someone for the first time. The police and s.w.a.t team come with guns and high tech weapons. I just sit there in defeat waiting for them to take me away. All of this happened because of three strong words. I LOVE YOU.










Sincerely,











Jack.