the wonder children | Teen Ink

the wonder children

December 18, 2017
By BriEsk BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
BriEsk BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My mother always told me there was something different about me but i never understood what she was talking about. When i was younger she would say “ jasmine you're going to be just like your father a hero and a powerful person but at that age i did not get it because i never met my father or seen him in my life so I would say “ mamma what are you talking about you know i never met my daddy before ?   “ she would say one day you will baby girl one day you will.

Chapter 1: the beginning

My mother always told me there was something different about me but i never understood what she was talking about. When i was younger she would say “ jasmine you're going to be just like your father a hero and a powerful person but at that age i did not get it because i never met my father or seen him in my life so I would say “ mamma what are you talking about you know i never met my daddy before ?   “ she would say one day you will baby girl one day you will.  Ring , Ring, Ring I get thrown out of my daydream by the bell telling me that it's my 7th period , Having that little moment of remembering my mom got me sad all over again and i start to miss her.  “ Hey jasmine how is it going ?” I hear my best friend jake as i get thrown out of my thoughts about my mom . “ It's going good jake how are you ? I ask him  i'm doing good i was just wondering how you was holding up with the passing of your mom and all ? …  ya  i been fine it just a little hard but the foster family is treating me good i just miss her that's all .   Do they know about your powers at all jake ask me interrupting me from finishing my sentence no and I plan to keep it that way I just don’t want to freak them out and to be honest i don’t know how i got these powers … I tell jake … As we began to walk away the bully of the school nichole was walking our way the thing is we use to be close friends but know we just not and she is the same like me and jake we all have powers and we all have mothers that died but with jake and nicole they have step parents while i'm in foster care.

Chapter 2: the truth

What do you want baliy?” I ask her ,  but as she was walking up i could tell this time that there was something wrong just with the look on her face. We need to talk jasmine and jake this is important, “what is it about” jake said … As we said that she pull us to the side and  said “I think i know where we get our powers from”... “ wait what do you mean I said “ the other day i had a vision and it was of this place and you know the greek gods and them they were the ones that was our parents nichole said “ what do you mean me and jake said at the same time and looked at each other . we our children of greek gods.  
When she started describing the tall white wall and the long flowing gowns that they had and the bright lights i knew she was right about everything that i have been having dreams about and the river that was like a reflection when you look down to see it. This all made sense to us so what are you saying is that we need to go and find them . I never though that when she said all those things that it would happen I use to have dreams about this and about my father talking to me and saying that one day we'll be together . “Alright yall let go then jake said “you in jasmine they asked me “ …. Ya lets do this.


The author's comments:

the setting takes place in new jersey in modern time and the main charchters are all in foster care but stay at differnt homes