Can You Hear It? | Teen Ink

Can You Hear It?

Our story starts on December 19, 2016, in Raleigh, North Carolina. It was a chilly and relaxing day. Everyone was outside walking around and relaxing in the cold weather. Meanwhile,  Abby Little was sitting on her bed listening to music. Abby was beautiful, tall, and very skinny.

She was very quiet and shy most of the time. Although Abby was quiet and shy, she had a lot to say. She would express what she felt into music. She would play Taylor Swift all day long. She really enjoyed the meaning in some of her songs and others she liked because they were fun and goofy. While Abby was listening to her music on her phone, she got a call from her best friend, Avery. Abby paused her music and answered the call, “Hey you wanna go to the town square and enjoy the weather,”said Avery. “Can we go tomorrow or we can listen to music and relax,”replied Abby. “Oh, Abby you never leave your room! Your mediocre schedule is basically just staying in your room all day. I admonish you all the time about listening to music, because you never get out the house! So, get ready, I will be there soon!” “Ugh! Avery you are killing me.”The call ended. Abby was not too excited about going to the town square, but she got ready anyway. Abby got ready quickly and decided to put her headphones back in until Avery got there. “DING!” The doorbell rang and Abby got up and opened the door. It was Avery, a tall and very polished girl. “Hey,” said Avery.  “ Hey,” replied Abby. The two girls walked to the town square, talking along the way, but during the walk all that was going through Abby’s mind is her favorite song, “Romeo and Juliet” by Taylor Swift. She did not know why ,but she just ignored it and kept walking. They went to many different stores in the square, but everywhere they went Abby heard the song. Abby thought it was just a coincidence that a few stores had the same song playing. As the kept walking around, she still heard the song and was getting curious. “I have a dilemma,” Abby exclaimed in confusion.  Avery replied, “What?”. “The song it's on some sort of loop. Do you hear that?”.” “Abby I swear you listen to too much music. Like seriously, we need to terminate your habit of staying in your room all day listening to music,” Avery said laughing. Abby did not think it was funny though. She could not hide her irate attitude, but she did not want to start a big altercation. Later on the girls went to get some food in the food court. Abby still heard the song in the food court, she was getting very annoyed.  After they had finished eating they decided to walk back home and just relax. On their way home Abby still heard the song playing and she got very frustrated. When they got home they went straight up to Abby’s room. Avery ran in and jumped on the bed while Abby just walked in with a frown on her face. “What’s wrong,” Avery asked. “I’m just aggravated because I keep on hearing this noise that apparently no one else can hear. Oh nevermind you don't get it, I just want to lay down and listen to music, other than the song on repeat,” replied Abby. “I think it’s a good idea to get your mind off it, but not the best idea to listen to music!” said Avery. “Whatever.” As Abby went to grab her headphones she realizes that they were not there. She searched and searched for them but could not find them anywhere. “What are you looking for,”asked Avery. “My headphones,” Abby replied. “Um Abby, there around your neck, you've been wearing them all day.” Abby did not realize that she had been wearing them all day. She checked if the headphones were connected to her phone, and they were. She realized that the song was stuck on repeat and had been playing all day long. Abby was surprised but she thought it was pretty funny. Abby laughed. Abby decided that maybe headphones were not a good idea anymore. So instead of listening to music by herself, she enjoyed it with Avery and they had so much singing along to Taylor Swift together.  The End.