Hit Into Heaven | Teen Ink

Hit Into Heaven

By briannafil14 BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
briannafil14 BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire

She leaped to try to reach the MyLittlePony ball but she missed. The ball cruised out into the road.
“I got it,” the high-pitched voice squealed.
Right then and there, screeching echoed down the road. The careless, unforgiving, driver swerved around the corner. The girl was so close to getting the ball but not close enough. My mind panicked but my feet did absolutely nothing. Skkkkkeeeeekekekekkeke. Brakes screeched and a little thump came with. Birds weren't chirping, dogs weren’t barking, and kids down the block weren’t hollering anymore. I blinked. Still there. I blinked again. This isn’t happening. I kept fluttering my eyes till they endured waterfalls.
The driver, perched in the car, glanced at me, stepped on the pedal, and drove around the dead corpse.
“No,” I whimpered, “No. No. NO, NO!”
I scampered over hesitantly to her red-stained body. Her body was malformed. The ball next to her, in the road. Lifeless.
Picking up her body to cradle her, I recalled when Dad left and how alone I was staying in my room all day. My life was outlined in there and I would never leave the welfare of my room. Nothing to do, nothing to see, but she changed me. The reason I left my sanctuary was her. She would fetch me games, food, and blankets for forts we would assemble together. Also, she brought me joy.
Then, I realized I’ve never done the same for her. I’ve never done the same to her. It’s never been said how much she’s appreciated. Tears streamed down my face.
“I’m….. s-so sorry. You are…,” I stutter.
I can’t.
“I love you,” I yelled, “ I love you!”
I laid next to her on the ground like nothing mattered, because what did matter to me was gone.

My sister, dead.

This writing is loosely based off of a true story. I hope that people will learn to appreciate what you have before it's gone.