Lottery Life | Teen Ink

Lottery Life

January 4, 2017
By jessicas3311 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
jessicas3311 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Papers signed. After tax deductions, I received 236 million dollars. An amount one only dreams about having. It will sure make life a lot easier. I talk to my lawyer and all of my debts will be payed off tomorrow morning. Wow, I sure got rid of my student loans quick. That takes a huge load off of my back. I also put away the 30 million dollars for my future taxes. That should be enough. My next stop is to my banker’s office. We find different accounts and split the money into 4 bank accounts each at a different interest rate and for a different period of time, I won’t bore you with numbers. Next, I call up my realtor because my house is going to need some serious upgrading. Caching. A new home for 5.6 million. That isn’t too much for a house, I mean with the money I know have. My car is working fine so I don’t upgrade that just yet. A few days later, I am sitting in my new house with the newest iPhone, did I mention it doesn’t come out for a few more weeks. My new neighbor is Steve Jobs’ daughter, she gave me one. I still can’t believe that one little paper could be worth so much. This is a dream come true.

 

It is now exactly six years later and I still have money left. I mean a lot of money left. I have worked everyday since. I woke up this morning in my king size bed. I look to the right of me to see the gorgeous New York City skyline and the sun rising behind it. No matter how many days I have seen this, I never get used to it. I roll out of bed and walk to my kitchen. Claudia, my personal chef makes me some eggs and hashbrowns. I thank her and then I go to get ready for the day. Deciding what to wear is always the hardest thing to do. My four story walk in closet has a different level for each season. Within the level, everything is sorted by color. The labels on these clothes read Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Dolce and Gabbana, and so many more. Because I am head of advertisement for Vogue, I get a lot of stuff from my business deals. Boy do I love my job. After I pick out my outfit, I head out to work. When I get in the elevator, I see Taylor Swift. There isn’t much to talk about because we just had dinner together last night. WE figured we would take the same limo to work today because she has a meeting at the Vogue offices today. When I get to work, I am overwhelmed with projects. I am on and off the phone all day long with designer after designer. I then work on putting together the magazine. Decisions have to be made quick which ad goes where. I review the notes Anna, my boss, made on yesterday’s version of the magazine and make changes. After a long day of work, I head back home where I change into some of my many work out clothes and head to the gym. I meet my personal trainer there. We work hard for two hours. I walk home as a way to cool down. I get home and shower. Normally I would go out to have dinner with friends, but tonight I opted to stay home. Claudia made me filet mignon. After dinner, I watched a movie in my home theater while finishing up on some work for the day. I went to bed early to catch up on the sleep I was lacking the past couple of days. Tomorrow will be another day. Tomorrow will be a new opportunity. I go to bed with happy thoughts on my mind. This is a life I could only dream about.

 

When I wake up in the morning, I am in my old bed, not my bed in New York City. I realize I am still a fourteen year old girl and a freshman in high school. All of that money was  truly a dream. A dream that did not come true. A dream that I hope will come true, but probably never will.


The author's comments:

This is how I would live my life if I won the lottery.