Gone. | Teen Ink

Gone.

December 20, 2016
By theronster SILVER, New Castle, Delaware
theronster SILVER, New Castle, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
" intelligence without ambitious is like a bird without wings"


As I am walking down  the streets of New York City, my  heart is pumping with excitement because it’s my  4  year anniversary with Iris and I can't’ believe we’ve made this far in life as couple.  I mean like after all of our ups and down we got through it as one and that makes me the proud man  I am today. I told  her to meet me at her favorite restaurant “ Daniel’s ” because that’s the restaurant we had our very first date and it also symbolizes our love for each other. So tonight will be more special than ever because I will also be asking Iris to marry me. I want to build a family with her because she makes happy and was there when no one else was.  Who wouldn’t want to marry a woman who’s able  to take care of you when you’re are going through a tough time? That shows how much love and affection a woman really has for you. So yeah it’s a real special night for me and man you don’t know how excited I am.  But anyway, I am literally like 5 or 6 minutes away from the restaurant and my phone rings so I reach in my pocket to see who’s calling me and it just happens to be the beautiful woman I’m inlove with. 
“ Hey beautiful what’s up?” I say as I am walking down the street smiling.
“ Luis can we talk?” Iris says.
“ Can it wait till I get to the  restaurant?” I say worried and confused.
“ No because I’m not at Daniel’s!”  She yelled angrily through  the phone.
“ What!? Why not?”  I said as I still continued to  walk.
“ Because Luis… I don’t want to do this anymore.” she said.
“ Do what?!” I said angrily.
“ Be in a relationship with you no more.  I feel like ever since we had that fight two weeks ago, it made me realize why we took that break from each other  last year. It hasn’t been the same since then and I just can’t deal with it now.”
“ Iris more than anything  our  break helped us realize why we belong together. It made us stronger and wiser. It made me  realize  what  God actually had given  to me as a blessing and that blessing was you.  When we made that first connection  in high school, it got me outside myself because you were something I’ve never  connected with before and now with you saying that you want to be done breaks my heart because you are  my world and my biggest fear is losing you. I love you Iris.”  Those eight letters and three words echo pierced in silence and before Iris could even get one word out BOOM. My body flew in the air as the car hit me when I crossed  the busy NY street. My phone and the proposal ring smacked  to the ground before my body even did. Blood was every and before my heart stop beating all I remembered was hearing Iris yell through my phone that laid next  to my damaged body was  “Luis! Luis! Are you ok1? Answer me!!” And just like that I was gone.


The author's comments:

hope you like it