Searching to Find Herself | Teen Ink

Searching to Find Herself

By fictionfanatic GOLD, Garland, Texas
fictionfanatic GOLD, Garland, Texas

"Love doesn't hide it stays and fights. It goes the distance. That's why God made love so strong." "The road to life may be long and hard but know that God is with you every step of the way."

She walks the hallways alone, and as she goes by she sees a few kids she knows from her classes. She glances their way hoping that one of them that they might acknowledge her presence but instead they walk right passed her not even caring to glance her way even if they had seen her seeing others do the same. She keeps walking down the hallway to her locker when she spots another girl she recognizes, her name is Maggie. Maggie is chatting with another girl she is unfamiliar with but Maggie is unlike the rest of the kids at school. She acknowledges her friend smiling towards her even though she is talking to someone else. The girl waves a “hello” to Maggie. She wished Maggie would have stopped her conversation to at least ask her how she was doing. She questioned herself why she and Maggie were even “friends”. At school she assumed everyone saw her as content on her own to both her peers and teachers. She put on this mask to not worry anyone but behind was a very troubled girl. She at times would feel so lost searching desperately to accept herself and what she felt was happiness. The only think stopping her from solving her own puzzle of life is herself. She feels like she doesn’t belong this world is too different from her. All she wanted was for someone to truly care about her and be there for her when she needed them.