Him... | Teen Ink

Him...

By alanahlovee BRONZE, Monroe, Ohio
alanahlovee BRONZE, Monroe, Ohio

"Bleeding heart, he called her. Well, he should know. He was the first one to tear it to pieces."- nineteen minutes, jodi picoult

His eyes were a deep, dark blue. They reminded me of the ocean, the tides, the waves that crashed on the coastline. His hair was jet black, like the color of the the sky in the middle of the night. He was tall, but not lanky like most guys his age were if they were as tall as him. His smile was radiant, his teeth a pure white. His gaze made me weak in the knees, as if he could control me. I would do anything for him already, and I hardly knew him. But I did know that I had fallen for him, big time.

'Bailey?' My friend Casey asked. She knew I was looking at him, and she waved her tan hand in front of my face, trying to wake me from my trance. I awoke.

'What?' I asked. Casey turned her head to the side to look at me. She rolled her eyes in the way she always did.

'Nothing. Nothing at all.' She responded, readjusting the tote she carried on her shoulder. Casey was short, but amazingly pretty. She had long, wavy, blond hair. It cascaded down her back like a waterfall. Her clothes were eccentric, yet she could pull them off. At first sight, you might think her to be a surfer girl. She was lean and muscular, too, which made her appear more sporty than she actually was. Casey embraced her beauty everyday. Yet she didn't want to admit it, she knew she was pretty. She smiled, her teeth the same pure white as his.

'Who's that guy?' I asked, quite cluelessly. Casey grinned again, then opened her mouth to speak.

'That's Luke. He's in my geometry class,' She answered. She took long strides, and I struggled to keep up with her.

'I haven't seen him all year,' I said.

'Of course you haven't. He's new. Just moved here last week, actually. It's like there's a little slice of heaven here, isn't it?' We laughed in unison.

'Oh yes.' I said. I looked at him again. He was coming towards me, perhaps to get to his other class, or maybe to talk to me. My heart sped up. I walked a little faster, and then we crossed paths. My breaths shortened, making it difficult for me to focus on where I was going. He walked past me, and I craned my neck to look at him behind me. Of course, he didn't return my gaze. He was too busy fumbling with a schedule he held in his hand.

Suddenly, I ran into something.
'Ow!' The thing said. I turned my neck back around. It was Victoria, my somewhat enemy. She sat on the ground, her papers and books around her. She looked at me with a glint of hated in her green eyes.
'Watch where you're going, klutz.' She said, getting up from her spot on the floor. She picked up her scattered books and papers, then stormed past me, making sure to run into me, like they always did in movies to nobodies. I was surely a nobody.
With my dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a little bit heavier than average weight, I wasn't exactly that pretty. People constantly complimented me on my looks, but I wasn't sure whether I wanted to believe them or not. I had already been lied to enough in my life, and I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Well, I started this today. Not too sure if I like it or not. I would like some people to tell me if it's good or not. Thanks. (:

on Mar. 20 2012 at 6:26 am
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I don't know why my screenname didn't come up, I logged out and logged back in so here it is.

B. said...
on Mar. 20 2012 at 6:11 am
Oh my gosh! I loved it! Except, it's so short; Why'd you stop writing? I'm surprised you don't have more feedback, this piece is so good! It just feels so in the moment, like it flows effortlessly. Honestly, it sounds like something that would happen to me and my best friend. For some reason, I kept picturing them on a boardwalk at the beach, but I'm thinking they were in school since Luke had a schedule. So maybe that's something you should included more of, the location; just give a few simple descriptions of where the characters are every now and then. But, that could just be my brain going askew. Anyway, I really hope you continue this piece, it's absolutely amazing, I love it! P.s. If you have the time could you check out my work, I'd greatly appreciate it.