My Name Is | Teen Ink

My Name Is

By AnastayshaMarie GOLD, Cullman, Alabama
AnastayshaMarie GOLD, Cullman, Alabama
15 articles 1 photo 1 comment

I walk up and down the hallways, head lifted high, hard, sparkling eyes sweeping over the other students in distaste. My hair is combed back to perfection, my teeth sharp and glittering. My shoulder's thrown back, I ignore you as I pass by. My name is Arrogence.

I glide down the stairs, hair swept behind my in a sleek ponytail. My posture is perfect, my steps light. My eyes dance laughingly. You see me and are jealous, I see you and am charmed. My name is Grace.

I bark in laughter, and a thick green fog comes forth from my mouth. My language is foul, my hiar is knotted and greasy. The odor coming from my feet is strong, and I don't care. My name is Filth.

I skip into the classroom, laughing loudly and twirling my hair. I say hello to everyone I see, and smile at all my teachers. I look forward to the lesson with earnest, leaning forward in my desk, anticipating the coming day. My name is Cheerful.

I slink along the wall of the corridor, blending in with the gray lockers. I am bumped into repeatedly, but never look up. My hair is dark, and hangs in my face, disguising my beauty. I am quiet, you don't notice me. My name is Unknown.

I am running along the court, dodging, scoring, breathing heavily. Sweat drips down my brow. The buzzer rings out, we have won. My fists punch the air. My name is Victorious.

I am all of these, and my name is Human.

This was written after a friend kindly pointed out all my different personalities. I then realized that not everyone is one person, when it comes to personalities.