Lost in the Dead of Night | Teen Ink

Lost in the Dead of Night

By jeffyboy BRONZE, Cupertino, California
jeffyboy BRONZE, Cupertino, California

It was fun until I got lost. Breathing hard, I ran down the steps trying to find them. Searching left and right all I found were rows of colorful shops and crowds of people, but they were nowhere to be found. Suddenly the announcement came on from the speakers on the wall with the report of the park closing in 3 hours. A bead of sweat dripped down my brow. I thought, “ This is really the end.” 

My story began on a cold winter day in the “Happiest Place on Earth”, which was soon about to become the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. My name is Jason and I was in Disneyland having a happy time with my family until I lost them in a Disneyland line. The Indiana Jones ride line was long. By long, I mean 5 hours long. Enough time to make someone to fall asleep long. I soon fell victim to the drowsiness and my eyelids began to slowly close. It felt
as if someone had put two stone bricks on my eyelids and tried to shut them. The last thing I saw before I went to sleep were the backs of my father, mother, and sister.

I woke up when the moon was still faint in the background, it was almost as if the moon was mocking me, saying, “You’re not going to make it.” That was when I realized that my time was limited until 12:00 am. When I looked at my watch, the time was already 8:00 pm. “Only four hours left” I thought to myself. I knew there was no more time to waste, thus I left the already empty lines and set off to find my parents.

“Hey, umm… mom? Where’s Jason?” stated Jessica, Jason’s sister. His mom looked over her shoulder and saw no one was to be found. They rushed off to find him but searching left and right, all they found were trees, bushes, and people, nothing really that resembled Jason. Rushing
off, they went to the help center but the park was no help. Thus, leaving the family with their own task of finding Jason themselves.

I glanced at my watch, 9:30 pm, time was gaining on me and I was even more lost. I found myself in the dark, and this time, I knew I was really lost. This time, instead of trying to find my parents, I tried to find my way back to Disneyland. I really have no clue how I ended up outside of Disneyland. Searching for them, I became unaware of my surroundings and found myself lost on the fringes of the park.

Just when I thought things were about to end for me, a flurry of fireworks flew into the sky. “Boom, boom, boom” as they crackled in the sky. This time, at least I knew where the park was. I flew across the brick buildings towering over me, and found myself in front of the Disneyland Gates. The Gates were looming above me like a tiger about to pounce on its prey. Not knowing that they were waiting, I entered the gates.

Immediately, I realized that I would never be able to allowed access back in. I ran back in without anyone noticing, and there, right in the front, were my dear parents.

jeffyboy BRONZE, Cupertino, California
no i don't know who u are

on Nov. 24 2015 at 11:55 am
can u guess who i am