The Fire | Teen Ink

The Fire

By Swasher SILVER, Hsinchu County, Other
Swasher SILVER, Hsinchu County, Other

I stand there, watching their backs as they leave. A beautiful friendship there is. The four of them, like sisters, having connections from the heart flowing to their held hands. Fire in my chest, expanding, burning as the endless life keeps walking, reaching up to my eyes. I turn around, and see another girl. She sees the reflection in my eye balls. Pure fire, pure blue fire. She understands. She knows that I know.
    I love laughter, love to joke and make fun of others, kind of like Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately, my jokes seem to get Christina quite angry, a little flame is ignited. I keep apologizing, but sometimes, my mouth just can’t help but joke. Then finally, she smiles, a perfect sweet smile, that makes the gigantic stone in my heart drop, makes me lose my nerve. I thank her for tolerating me.
    I love to help, if I have the ability to. I keep encouraging Gini to study harder for the “big test” which we have in Taiwan. Like a buzzing mosquito I am, keep calling her name,” Gini this, Gini that…” I guess she’s a bit annoyed, but still, we’re great friends.
    Regrettably, my flaw relapses. I’ve said things too directly, too eager to make her improve. My words are like sharp swords, stabbing right into her heart, hurting her. She turns away, with a flare of fire in the glare. This creates deep sorrow that relentlessly tortures my soul, stifles my breath, I cry out an apology and after a few days, she eventually smiles. We were friends again. I thank her, for accepting me.
    I love to make friends, as I hate the loneliness. Kelly and Sherry are my good friends. They share things with me, we laugh together, play sports. Everything’s great, except we never hang out. Another little heat rising.
    No secrets can be hidden. One day someone splashes all the dirty secrets on me, making me face reality. Things behind their smiles, things caused by the flames, fire, and heat. The four of them weren’t friends until they met a common “enemy”. Spread rumors about me, secretly hating me from the heart. Fire of rage, is what I get from them. My heart bleeds and cries, with no tears, but just an air of pain and despair. My classmates, my friends,see me as enemy even though they are smiling.
     A blaze burning from within me as I watch them leave. Blaze, of neither anger, nor hate, but of passion for the people who I truly adore. I can never hate them, though we were never true friends. But I’ll still love them and help them. With pure blue fire of love, I watch them leave.

Humanity.