The Infinite Sides of Jeffrey Al | Teen Ink

The Infinite Sides of Jeffrey Al

May 13, 2015
By chazelhak SILVER, Sacramento, California
chazelhak SILVER, Sacramento, California
9 articles 2 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Things happen.


  Jeffrey Al died today.
The police found him lying on the ground next to his ten story apartment. He was in his pajamas. The pajamas were rubby ducky ones, with the ducks being yellow and cute and rubbery. He laid on the ground, selfless, helpless, and blood was dried up on the ground when the police finally came. The ground was black because of the blood. Not the whole blood, but just the area around Jeffrey Al where he died. It was just a circle of death. His hand was reaching out, like he was reaching out for something he didn’t even know, because his face was flat on the ground and no one could see what his final face or expression was. It didn’t matter anyways he was dead as a doorknob, even though doorknobs were never alive.
People walked by, disturbed by the man on the ground. What was he even doing? Didn’t he have a decent mind not to disturb people’s decent lives like that? Couldn’t he just have just shot himself in his room? If he did that then no one would have the see the horror of the too grim reality of Jeffrey Al. And these people didn’t even know him or what he did for them. They thought him as just another person to die in the ever-dying world of ours. They didn’t care about Jeffrey Al. It was just life, and Jeffrey Al was just another person to them who didn't have that anymore. He was just another person.
Jeffrey Al, as you know, died a person.
But a person has several sides in them that define who they are, and with Jeffrey Al, it was like he was infinite.
-
Jeffrey Al was brought into this world on the date of May 19 on the year of 1969. He was a loud and fat baby, who kept his mother up walking back from the bed to crib until she got too tired to walk anymore. But if actually did get to tired, she wouldn’t know what to do. Jeffrey Al was just a loud baby, and it was unexpected advantage in the Al house.
That was so because on the very night of January 11, a robber decided to rob the house of the Al family, for it seemed the most innocent of the whole neighborhood.
Now, this robber had a family too. He had a wife who was pregnant. He would never be there for his son though, and he feared that if he wasn’t than his son would never grow up to be a man. Any man...not just like his father was.
This robber had decided that once he got injured somehow, he would stop robbing and become a respectable man with a respectable family. It was a good deal, and somehow it was because of his loyalty and familiarity to robbing that he could not just break up with his habit, job, and income.
Now while this robber was robbing the Al’s house so he could feed his family, Al was crying louder than he ever did. His mother couldn’t even stand but had no choice but to stand it. She covered her ears but it didn’t help; she tried to calm Al down but it didn’t work. Then she heard a sound from downstairs. Krrr.. Prsss...kssss….mrr
She woke her husband, and she said that there was a noise downstairs. Her husband grabbed a loaded gun that could kill and walked down the stairs to find another man just trying to help his family. Unfortunately, Jeffrey Al’s dad did not see it that way. He shot the robber in the leg.
The robber fled. But he wasn’t scared or worried or mad. He was happy. He was very happy. He….he was shouting his wife’s name.
-
Then little Jeffrey Al grew up to become a five year old who wasn’t as loud as he was before but annoying. He was curious too.
That curiosity took him to search out his mother’s cabinets one day while his mother was conversing with his father. He was searching for fun in his ever-boring house.
Now, at the time, the Al family was having some financial troubles. It was tough, but Mama Al knew something that could save her family. She had a gold bracelet that was given to her as a family heirloom (it originated from ancient Rome). If she pawned it, Mama Al would save her family.
Unfortunately, Mama Al was a little stubborn and selfish at the time and did not want to give the bracelet. She was reluctant and worried that Papa Al would find the bracelet and pawn it without her permission.
Fortunately for the family, it ended up that Jeffrey Al found the bracelet while he was looking through his mother’s cabinets. It was as shiny and pretty thing.
Jeffrey Al showed it to his dad. His dad showed it to his mom. His mom showed her anger and stubbornness to his dad. His dad showed his control over his mom. His dad showed it to the pawn dealer. The pawn dealer showed it to another pawn dealer. The pawn dealer showed a tub of cash to his dad. His dad showed the tub of cash to his mom. His mom showed her sad happiness to his dad. She then showed him her understanding that it had to happen. Jeffrey Al showed his sparkling eyes when he saw the tub of cash. He showed that he wanted to dive into it. His dad showed him that he couldn’t.
-
Zoom to the age of adolescence. Jeffrey Al was at school, eating a BLT for lunch. He had two friends next to him. One was named Jack Sal. Coincidentally, the other was named Sal Jack. Well it seemed that Jack had a cheese sandwich, and Sal had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Suddenly, Jack had to excrete some waste, so he ran to the bathroom. Sal noticed that he had a cheese sandwich in his lunch bag. Sal liked cheese better than peanut and jelly. When Jeffrey Al was not looking, Sal switched his peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Jack’s cheese sandwich.
Now Jack had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Jack was allergic to peanuts. He did not have any penicillin with him.
And Sal was already munching down on Jack’s cheese sandwich.
Luckily, Jeffrey Al noticed that Jack had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his lunchbag. Jeffrey Al liked peanut butter and jelly better than a BLT, so, when Sal was not looking, Jeffrey switched his sandwich for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Now Sal had a cheese sandwich, Jack had a BLT, and Jeffrey Al had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Jack ate his sandwich without knowing what he could’ve actually ate...if he was still alive anyways.
-
Now Jeffrey Al was in high school. He was at a party that was set up by a senior classmate. Jeffrey Al was only a freshman. He was very popular, with every one of his friends worshipping every move or quote he created. He was a god to them.
So at this party, there was a senior who came that was an influencing drug addict. He liked to share his LSD and stuff with his friends and with people who never touched drugs in their life. It wasn’t even the 60’s for pete’s sake. Anyways this senior wanted to introduce drugs to Jeffrey Al and his disciples. He wanted to get them started early.
This senior took Jeffrey Al and his friends aside and introduced him to weed. Jeffrey Al did not like it. He hated it, and despised it. He threw it down in disgust. Now none of Jeffrey Al’s friends had tried it yet because Jeffrey Al always tried it first to decide whether they should do it or not.
They never did end up doing it.
They never ended up becoming fanatic drug addicts.
They never ended up dying.
-
When Jeffrey Al was in college, he worked at a coffee shop inside the university. He did this so he could actually pay to go to college. He was pretty clumsy at coffee making anyways.
It was one day in the middle of May. Jeffrey Al was filling up an order for a green tea frappucino. The order specifically commanded that NO cream should be added. It was written with big exclamation points next to it!!!! The man who ordered it anyways was allergic to milk, and, even though he didn’t have to say NO cream, he said it anyways.
Unfortunately but fortunately, Jeffrey Al put cream in the frappucino by accident. That’s how clumsy he was. He didn’t even know it until…
The man started having an allergic reaction to his frappucino.
Jeffrey Al then realized his mistake. He was so bugged out about it that he ran into the employee room, threw off his apron, and took his stuff and left. He knew he was going to get fired anyways.
But the what if the man died? Then he would go to jail! (Jeffrey Al always overthought things) He would be arrested and sent to prison. Jeffrey Al was so worried about it that he left the city where the university sat and went to another city.
But what happened to the man? Well, it was very interesting actually. The man looked peculiar to people because he carried a large backpack with him to the university. He was actually a student, but had disappeared for some years until he reappeared two days before. He had the backpack on when he was ordering coffee, and still had it on when he was on the ground....dying.
A woman with penicillin came to his side. She was about to stick the healing tool right into him, but then she heard a ticking from his backpack. She was too curious, and when she opened it, she found what ticks really loudly: a time bomb. It had five minutes left on it.
In short terms, someone ended up disabling it in time, and the man was dead. Dead even though it wasn’t suicide.
Jeffrey Al never knew what he did. The police searched all over for him, but in his new city he hid in a ten story apartment and stayed there for the rest of his life, “hiding” from the police. He would never know.
-
Jeffrey Al became a writer. He went under the pseudonym “Holden O’Val”. He wrote many mystery novels with interesting and uncommon murder and solving techniques, but no one paid attention, thinking it was too absurd to be true. No one knew though, that after they all had died and the generations after them were living, those generations would find Jeffrey Al’s mystery work importantly influential, not only helping the writers who wrote mystery but police and detectives who had to solve baffling cases. They would never know it was Jeffrey Al though.
-
All this silly writing lasted twenty-nine years. He became wiser with those years, starting to put his mind into his stories. But, sadly, Jeffrey Al became lazier too. He would write one last book.
Ironically, even though he was becoming lazier, the book ended up taking fifteen years to write. And, too lazy to actually deal with all the publishing problems, Jeffrey Al left the manuscript at a publisher’s house...anonymous.
  Well it was an environmentalist book. It was a fictitious story about the future where our world was in waste from the carelessness of ourselves. It was written cleverly with an over-convincing style.
It was an instant success.
It was overly influential. People’s minds changed and they become extremely more eco-friendly.
They looked for the author, but no one actually could find out who it was.
It was Jeffrey Al. He didn’t care much for his book. He didn’t pay much attention to the outcome. He thought someone else did something that changed the world. He sat at his couch, pondering on life.
And the publisher never thought to think of Jeffrey Al. He only thought of Jeffrey Al as a mystery writer.
Jeffrey Al saved the earth, without even knowing.
-
One year passed, and the last act of the unknowing man would be performed.
During this time there was a prisoner who was there (in prison) for robbing houses. He took after his dad, who also robbed houses. Unfortunately, (as his dad told him) his dad was shot in the leg in one burglary and because of a deal with himself never robbed another house. His dad started taking care of him (his son) and he grew up to become a man, and it was all because his dad gave up robbing, and that was all because he was shot in the leg by a man he didn’t see. Funny thing though, his dad always told him one of the reasons he actually left without a fight was because he heard a loud baby crying upstairs. It was a soft and sweet sound and the cautious melody told him to stop and just leave.
So this robber who was in prison actually liked it there, and every time he was released he’d commit a petty crime just to go back. One time he was released and decided he wanted to see the world again before going right back into prison. This man traveled around the country from city to city to explore and discover, and at one last city he decided that he was done and finished and was satisfied. He’d commit a petty crime just to go back to prison.
So this robber went upstairs in an apartment to the tenth floor, and, picking a room at random, entered it. He cautiously looked around and found that there was barely anything.
Then he heard a noise. A man came out of the dark. The robber decided that he’d let the man win so he could go to prison. He advanced forward, and they started fighting. Then the robber realized that the man had a gun in his hand. It looked loaded.
The robber was reminded on what happened to his dad.
They fought. This fight randomly went from one place to another, specifically: the living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and right back into the living room.
The robber pushed the man up against the window. He didn’t want to break the glass, but if he pushed any harder the glass would give out.
Then he realized that the man was pointing the gun at his head.
The man was about to shoot.
So the robber gave weight.
The glass broke.
The man fell out of the window.
He died, in ducky pajamas.
The robber was so petrified that he ran away to Europe. That took him about seven years. He went to France and became a monk, vowing never to rob again. Now he felt eternally guilty, even after he found forgiveness in the Holy One.
-
Jack Sal was old and was reading his emails. He got a email from his elemantary school (still there?) saying that one of his classmates died.
Jack almost ate a peanut chip, but then realized he was allergic. He almost died.
And from the email, Jack thought nothing of it. He couldn’t even remember who the man was.
Jack went on with his life...dead. He ate a peanut chip a few seconds later by accident.
-
Some people were walking one day. They walked by a ten story apartment and found the police surrounding a dried-bloody body on the ground.
“Oh, ugh...probably just another suicidal drunkard.” remarked one.
“Don’t say that! Maybe he was just really depressed.” another said.
“Ha! maybe someone pushed him out of the window.” Another commented. They laughed, walking away. They didn’t really care about the man anyways. It wasn’t like that man stopped one of them from becoming a drug addict,  from being blown to pieces by something, or from dying from lack of resources. It wasn’t like that man did anything like that. From their view, they thought as the man just as another person.
A person without infinite sides.


The author's comments:

This is the ultimate theme of "Do not judge a book by its cover."