Who done it | Teen Ink

Who done it

April 3, 2015
By AngelicPhoenix GOLD, Tea, South Dakota
AngelicPhoenix GOLD, Tea, South Dakota
13 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite quote is I am protective and defensive of my wolf pack


It was around 5 in the morning when I got a call from my sister Anita. “Hello?” I said “Yeah hows it going?” she asked me “Good it’s 5 in the morning.” I moaned “Something bad has happened.” I was more awake then I was before “What do you mean what happened?” I asked my sister “It’s ahh!!!!!!!!!!” I heard my sister scream just before the phone hung up that was enough to get me off my butt and get moving “Justin….” I started but when I got outside he was already there “Anita texted me.” “Just in time Justin I’m impressed this is the fastest you’ve gotten here but enough chit chat we need to find out what happened to my sister.” we drove over to her house and found Jack’s car there “Well they’re both home.” I said gladly. When we got inside I found bloody footprints heading towards the bedroom door. “This is not good.” Justin and I both said “Anita you need to come out here and tell me that you’re ok!” I got no answer this would be the only case that I wasn’t assigned “Ahhh!” we both heard the scream and headed that direction Anita’s phone was on the floor cracked “Curse those Iphone 6’s.” I said “Yeah I know I broke mine a day after I got it.” “This isn’t about you Justin we need to find my sister.” we searched around and found some more footprints and Jack’s body “Jack!” I screamed my brother in law had been murdered “How could she?” Justin said “I don’t think it was Anita because look.” I pointed over to the closet where Anita laid dead on the floor as well. “Let me check the pulse we can’t be so sure that she’s dead if we haven’t checked.” he walked over to her body and it was true that she was dead “Well looks like I’m solving this murder or should I say these murders.” I called Ida Boss. She said we could investigate the murders of my sister and brother-in-law. I was happy she said yes but we need to come here after we’ve got some supplies. We headed back to PAA and got some supplies “We need to find out who had the motive to do this.” I said to Justin “I’ll search for evidence you interview possible suspects.” “But Justin we don’t have suspects yet.” after we gathered the evidence we headed back and put the pieces together (I mean get DNA samples to get our possible suspects) we had about 5 suspects Amber Wood, Cameron Likes, Izea Bee, Lucas Briar, and Kendra Welsh. After discovering all that I gathered them all in PAA. The first to get interviewed was Amber Wood. “Amber what were you doing at our sister Anita’s mansion yesterday or today?” I asked her “Visiting of course why else would I be there?” “Murdering her!” she jumped back in shock “Wait what she’s been murdered!? I was only there yesterday!” “Are you sure because I can check the neighbors cameras to see who was there and when and I can see if you’re lying or not!” “I’m your sister if you haven’t already noticed I’ve been cursed and can’t tell a lie you were there when it happened!” that was true “Then you would have no problem telling if anything suspicious happening and what you were doing besides visiting.” I said “Really Jennifer fine I was telling Anita to get a divorce because what husband doesn’t get his wife a car and let her leave the house did you know that they sleep in separate rooms when I went there 2 nights ago and spent the night they went separate directions I was assuming she was going to get something to drink but when I wanted to do something nice for her and headed into the room Jack was in she wasn’t there she walked in about 3 minutes later asking why I was in Jack’s bedroom that when I asked her why they weren’t in the same bedroom she answered it very quickly it was very weird it sounded like she was lying to me as well and you know Anita never lies she also has that curse.” I knew that was true I seen both of them take it in. My next move was to interview Cameron Likes “Cameron where were you today during the Murder of Anita Ride?” he looked very nervous “I was home making Breakfast I have to be at work in about 30 minutes so can we make this quick?” I pulled out my earpiece and called Justin “Justin call Cameron’s work and tell him that he’ll be a little late.” after that was done I went back to questioning “It was taken care of so tell me what were you doing?” His nervousness had gotten worse. “I was at home my wife was there watching me make breakfast.” “I don’t know I’ll have my friend Justin clarify it with your wife stay here until further notice.” he left running out of the room my next victim (not for murder for interviewing) was Kendra Welsh “Kendra where were you this fine morning?” I asked “Sleeping now I would like to get back to it if you wouldn’t mind!” Kendra had a very bad attitude could she have used that to kill my sister “Was anyone with you?” I asked “Of course there was my family and my husband he got home at 4:30 so I was asleep and he didn’t fall asleep until after 6 when you came knocking on our door!” she screamed clearly agitated “I would like to speak to him please.” “You already have it’s Cameron Likes.” I didn’t see that coming “So you didn’t change your last name wait he said he was making breakfast and you were there with him I’m confused tell me again.” “Fine I was asleep my husband got home at 4:30 I woke up made breakfast and went back to sleep by the time he fell asleep it was 6 when he wasn’t I don’t know what he was doing. I was sleeping and even he could clarify that. Now can I get back to sleep!” she stormed out of the room. After thinking for I while I told Cameron to come back in “Ok so your story holds out but what were you doing when you wife went back to sleep?” He didn’t answer “You better answer or you’ll get charged with murder.” He sighed and told us everything except what he was doing 5:00 throughout 6:00 “Did you know Mrs. Ride?” I asked “Yes I knew her she lies, lies about everything so I decided to teach her not to lie but she just kept lying.” “What does that have to do about knowing her and I’ll give you this fact she can’t lie she was cursed by a witch!” his face turned to shock.” “Fine if you want to know who killed her it was Izea Bee and Lucas Briar.” I questioned them but they didn’t seem to be there I even checked their alibi even the others their stories checked the only one who didn’t was Cameron’s “Admit it you kill Anita Ride!” I yelled “I didn’t kill anyone!” “Admit you killed my sister!” “Never because I didn’t!” Justin came in and grabbed me “He’s the killer I know it I just know it.” “He’s not the killer Oliver Stuff is.” My face was like whoa didn’t see that coming “How would you know?” I asked “Because when she texted me she gave me a call I heard Oliver in the background and the body had a bullet we matched the bullet to Oliver he had gunpowder residue on him he’s going to jail I’m really sorry Jennifer your sister shouldn’t have died this way.” I was crying it was the first time I was off. “But I’ve always been right about the murderer or the kidnappers how could I be wrong?” I asked “Probably because you were too sad that your sister was gone that you couldn’t concentrate and you failed to notice some evidence good thing the lab did.” “Well at least we got this case solved.” “Yeah whens the funeral?” he asked “March 15, 2015.”


The author's comments:

It has a twist that you haven't seen coming.