Two Hippie Misfits | Teen Ink

Two Hippie Misfits

December 18, 2014
By Reid9 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Reid9 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.”
― Eckhart Tolle,


    They are the only ones who enlighten me. I am the only one who enlightens them . two hippie misfits with tan skin and greasy brown hair. Two who do not belong but are here. Two beaming souls grounded to a core of subconsciousness. From our temple, we can sense them, but savage sits quietly with acceptance. 
             Their wisdom is unobtainable. They flash harsh lights that tear through the silence with violent high pitched squeals, deafening out our thoughts. This is how they greet us.

Let one forget his purpose of being, we’d all fall over like limp torn arms against a windowsill.
Each with brain dead heads. Stay,stay,stay they tell me in my dream. They know.
            When we are too small and alienated to stay here, when we are too mislead by the dry lands of false life, that is when we look to the sky. When there is nothing left to question. Two who kept growing even when we had lost. Two who were too close to ultimate existence. Two who have found the answer.